The Royle Family Christmas 2009 Page 7

Quote: jim field @ January 4 2010, 12:33 PM GMT

But Dan, and I don't mean to patronise your woman, clearly she has never 'got' TRF if she laughed like a drain during this Ep.

So, laughing at this special and laughing at the series proper are mutually exclusive?

Not entirely, but pretty much - yes.

Quote: jim field @ January 4 2010, 8:02 PM GMT

Not entirely, but pretty much - yes.

Pause a moment (but I think I know the answer), do you ever think it might, just might, be you that's wrong?

The point is that Jim was making I beleive is that the special was an entirely different show to the series version, not just in style but also in the characters of Denise and Dave and that therefore the special would attract a different type of audience to the series.

From speaking to non comedy writers loads of people loved the special so I guess it doesn't make it a total f**k up.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ January 7 2010, 12:27 AM GMT

The point is that Jim was making I beleive is that the special was an entirely different show to the series version, not just in style but also in the characters of Denise and Dave and that therefore the special would attract a different type of audience to the series.

From speaking to non comedy writers loads of people loved the special so I guess it doesn't make it a total f**k up.

Exactly. And that is why comparisons to the original series are entirely superfluous.

If one liked the stand alone, one off, fine. But to slag it because it didn't carry through the original concept is, frankly, ridiculous.

No but I guess you could slag it off if you didn't like the new style it has adapted. I think for people who were obsessed with the Royle Family over the three series it is pretty difficult to judge the special with an open mind.

The content in this 'special' (oh the irony), was dire from start to finish. The performances were also appalling - I don't know a single zeitgeist prioritiser who disagrees with this. I think the fact that swertyd's girlfriend liked it says a lot.

I think I should be offended, but didn't really understand what you said.

Dan

Good post count though Dan.

Quote: jim field @ January 7 2010, 12:25 PM GMT

I think the fact that swertyd's girlfriend liked it says a lot.

She's a very smart lady as it happens. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the programme. (Especially the 'Is it about the Golden Egg Cup?' scene in the caravan.)

At the time of writing, I am not Dan's girlfriend.

Dolly -- she thanks you.

Gerry -- If that's you in the avatar, it seems I am the loser...

Steve -- cool! I'm never going to post again. Oh, hang on... bollocks...

Dan

Quote: jim field @ January 7 2010, 12:25 PM GMT

zeitgeist prioritiser

What is a "zeitgeist prioritiser", and what part of being a "zeitgeist prioritiser" does not automatically label them a cock?

I expect it's a term only really rich and powerful and jolly important people know about...

Right, let's not appear a bunch of ignorant pricks here.

Let's do what Johnny Oxford would do and break it down. So,

Zeitgeist (film company)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Zeitgeist ApS is a Danish independent film production company created in 1997 by producer Søren Juul Petersen.

It has produced a number of fairly successful, award-winning theatrical feature films.

Although closely associated with Lars von Trier's Zentropa, Zeitgeist remains one of Denmark's very few independent film companies.

OK so far?

Right, Now a quick Google search doesn't come up with the word 'prioritser' as a person although there are some uses as computer programmes. So let's assume it's a person that prioritses things.

prioritize, prioritise
vb (tr)
1. to arrange (items to be attended to) in order of their relative importance
2. to give priority to or establish as a priority

So, what do we have?

Someone who watches the films of a Danish film company in a particular order according to how important they are to them.

Now, what were we talking about?

Errr