The Royle Family Christmas 2009 Page 8

I can't really comment as I didn't see it (OK) but I did find the trailers with them singing in the car deeply unfunny.

No, no, no, no, no.

Yes, I am a fan of the original RF content. Is it my favourite, or even a top5 pick? No, but I do rate it.

This 'special' was GARBAGE - and I am being truly objective when I say that. Clearly, a mentally stable Aherne is simply not a good writer. Also - they've got that other dude in to write with him; and I am highly suspicious of any scenario where a 'new voice' is brought in.

RE Swerty's woman? Sure, I didn't mean to offend, but let's face it - anyone who found that episode hilarious clearly is not a content judge of any calibre. Doesn't mean she's not smart and tuned in when it comes to her own skill-sets though.

He's got a point. She doesn't like any of the comedy I like... :)

Dan

In my opinion, was the most boring episode of the Royles I ever watched, MAJOR disappointment for a Christmas special, especially on Christmas night. I switched over after 25 mins, had enough. Total anti-climax to last year's, DEFROSTING THE TURKEY saga, I do say BRING BACK NANA your family needs ya babe.

It's old hat now. I watched the Christmas special, and some of the jokes were so long winded I was cringing, not to mention the fact that they all seemed to be acting really stupid. I know theyv'e not always ben the cleverest of families but this was too silly, like one of the later Carry On films or something.

It was an amazing special. I loved it like the first three series