Jerry Sadowitz Page 4

Ha! Welcome to the site.

I've only seen him on TV but he's always funny.
I'd definitely be too scared to leave a live gig.

Sadowitz is doing a gig at the Greenwich Festival Sept 10th: http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/GCF/?referral_id=tw_uk_buyat

I particularly like the Bethan Richards quote. Class response!

That Sadowitz needs to get a nice haircut, leave out the dirty words and get on Mock The Week, like that nice Frankie Boyle.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 15 2010, 9:04 AM BST

That Sadowitz needs to get a nice haircut, leave out the dirty words and get on Mock The Week, like that nice Frankie Boyle.

Funnily enough the best gig I ever saw Jerry do was one of the few where he attempted to perform without any swearing. His manager had got someone from Channel 4 to come and see him. This was in the late 1980s, in the days when misogyny and swearing were considered unsuitable for Channel 4 - kids, there really was a time - and it was a sheer delight.

I'll be at the gig in Greenwich. Spiegeltents are fantastic, and I imagine Sadowitz will work really well in one.

Quote: Anorak @ June 15 2010, 11:16 AM BST

Funnily enough the best gig I ever saw Jerry do was one of the few where he attempted to perform without any swearing. His manager had got someone from Channel 4 to come and see him. This was in the late 1980s, in the days when misogyny and swearing were considered unsuitable for Channel 4 - kids, there really was a time - and it was a sheer delight.

Sadowitz without the blue language! :O

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 15 2010, 11:23 AM BST

Sadowitz without the blue language! :O

The man is an astonishing performer (and a world-class close-up magician). Forced out of his comfort zone he had to think on his feet through the whole set. it was like watching the best improvisers, only with genuinely funny material.

Quote: Anorak @ June 15 2010, 11:26 AM BST

The man is an astonishing performer (and a world-class close-up magician). Forced out of his comfort zone he had to think on his feet through the whole set. it was like watching the best improvisers, only with genuinely funny material.

The last time I saw him in January at the Leicester Square theatre, he didn't really do that much magic. He seemed permanently poised to launch into some, but the pace of his fury was so relentless he never really gave himself much of a chance. Which suits me. I f**king hate magic.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 15 2010, 11:30 AM BST

I f**king hate magic.

Nice use of the JS catchphrase there, although not in a way he would approve (using asterisks, and dissing magic). Magic doesn't bother me either way, but his close-up card trick work is unlike anything I've ever seen. (Apart from that gig where he didn't swear)

Quote: Anorak @ June 15 2010, 11:55 AM BST

Nice use of the JS catchphrase there, although not in a way he would approve (using asterisks, and dissing magic). Magic doesn't bother me either way, but his close-up card trick work is unlike anything I've ever seen. (Apart from that gig where he didn't swear)

The asterisks ain't mine, Dave. You must have your swearing filter on. It does automatic asterisking of my rude words!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 15 2010, 1:01 PM BST

The asterisks ain't mine, Dave. You must have your swearing filter on. It does automatic asterisking of my rude words!

Wow, I didn't realise I had a moral laptop. That'll teach me to go shopping from the Quaker branch of Maplins.

Quote: Anorak @ June 15 2010, 1:17 PM BST

Wow, I didn't realise I had a moral laptop. That'll teach me to go shopping from the Quaker branch of Maplins.

:D If you want the full effect of the nasty words, you can go to your profile and settings page and un-tick the swearing filter box. I think no swearing must be the default setting.

I'm hopefully going to be going to this one, gives me enough time to plan it etc.

His close up card magic is quite unbelievable even if you aren't fussed about magic.

It looks like he is doing a few shows now, and there is one in Stoke-on-Trent which is a lot closer to home for me, so I will be going to that one instead. I will probably be going on my own, whats the best plan regarding seating as there seem to be a lot left at the moment, front row seats aswell. I don't really want to be 'picked out' of the crowd if you get what I mean, especially at a Sadowitz show... so I don't know whether the front row (or even the first few rows) are a good idea or not.