Jerry Sadowitz Page 2

I think it was Channel 5. Can't remember much about it, just that it was funny.

I saw Sadowitz many years ago standing outside the Savoy Hotel when Nigel Short played Garry Kasparov in the World Chess Championship. He didn't look very approachable. I didn't approach him.

Quote: Bert Bastard @ December 3 2009, 3:39 PM GMT

I saw Sadowitz many years ago standing outside the Savoy Hotel when Nigel Short played Garry Kasparov in the World Chess Championship. He didn't look very approachable. I didn't approach him.

I reckon he'd love a good chat. we should all appoach him for a nice chat if we ever see him.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 4 2009, 3:18 PM GMT

I reckon he'd love a good chat. we should all appoach him for a nice chat if we ever see him.

You try it. Let us know what happens. :D

Terrible review of Sadowitz over at Chortle...

http://www.chortle.co.uk/correspondents/2010/01/14/10336/a_tirade_of_racist,_sexist,_borderline-psychopathic_bile

(excerpt)

So I was ready to be shocked, and possibly offended, but I was also looking forward to the show. I had also heard that Sadowitz was an awesome close-up magician, and being a fan of the likes of Pete Firman, I was pretty sure that, although it probably wasn't all going to be to my taste, I would certainly enjoy a trick or two with some cards or rope. (It's always cards and rope) But nothing could have prepared me for the terrifying experience that was Jerry Sadowitz.

I say 'experience' because I really can't define it as a show. It was a bit like going to the zoo and seeing a crazed animal, loping unhappily round a small cage and thinking 'Shouldn't someone do something to help?'

The night was simply a tirade of racist, sexist, borderline-psychopathic bile. I counted about four or five jokes in total. The remainder of his 'set' felt a bit like watching a crazy character from a Shane Meadows film, some scary individual trying to head up a white supremacist rally or similar. I felt sure we were being filmed for a reality show. When was Davina going to pop out and tell us it's all OK? Surely people like this don't actually exist in real life? Surely this is an ironic character? Nope. Truly and utterly shocking. I wanted to walk out. But I was a bit too scared.

So...she was ready to be shocked...and then she was shocked....

Another Chortle review has been written in support of Sadowitz.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/correspondents/2010/01/19/10358/jerry_sadowitz_upset_someone%3F_what_a_shocker...

I'm seeing him next Tuesday at the lovely Leicester Square theatre. I shall provide my own findings shortly after!

I went for a meal in a Leicester Square restuaraunt with a lady before Christmas and the prices were so expensive I pretended I wasn't hungry and just had a pavlova. Then I proceeded to eat stuff off her plate.

Quote: chipolata @ January 20 2010, 10:08 AM GMT

I went for a meal in a Leicester Square restuaraunt with a lady before Christmas and the prices were so expensive I pretended I wasn't hungry and just had a pavlova. Then I proceeded to eat stuff off her plate.

That's the kind of thing I used to do. Until I got out the habit of being a tight-fisted bastard. There's a time and a place for that kind of thing, and it ain't in a restaurant with a lady. Word!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 20 2010, 9:32 AM GMT

I shall provide my own findings shortly after!

This kind of sentence makes you sound as though English isn't your first language, John. Well?

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 20 2010, 10:18 AM GMT

This kind of sentence makes you sound as though English isn't your first language, John. Well?

Ooh, everyone's a bloody critic, aren't they.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 20 2010, 10:19 AM GMT

Ooh, everyone's a bloody critic, aren't they.

I shall desist, I can see I've touched a nerve... Pleased

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 20 2010, 10:20 AM GMT

I shall desist, I can see I've touched a nerve... Pleased

Well, what is your critique then, mmm?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 20 2010, 10:17 AM GMT

That's the kind of thing I used to do. Until I got out the habit of being a tight-fisted bastard. There's a time and a place for that kind of thing, and it ain't in a restaurant with a lady. Word!

The day I take lessons on women from Charlie Cadaver is the day I pack it all in! Word on that, me laddo!

I am keeping my own counsel on this one. (That is, I don't know. Errr)