Me, me, me Page 4

You sounded like Karren Taylor.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 27 2009, 11:07 PM BST

Okay, you're all probably sick of these now, but here's another I've dug up.

You feeling lucky, Doll?

Ask the boss to transfer this thread to Critique.

Well, do you?

Do you feel lucky?

Oh good point, it should be actually. :)

You know what we're thinking? Did she post six sketches or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is the BCG, with some of the mostly least scathing critique in the world, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Long time since I've been called a punk, but it feels good. :)

Okay now it's in Critique the Dolly bashing can begin. Although contrary to general consensus it would seem, I am actually a human being with like feelings and stuff, so please bear that in mind.

Btw were Ms Cocktail's posts moved to Critique?

You seem to have a similar style to me (but don't let that get you down).

I liked the TV expert stuff, I recognised all of your impressions which means they're quite good!

Dolly do you still write / record? I've read a few of your sketches now, you should keep up with it if you have stopped, if you don't use a talent you tend to lose it. :(

I'm a DollyCaster now.

Top stuff :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 28 2009, 6:54 AM BST

Btw were Ms Cocktail's posts moved to Critique?

And - She makes a good point! :D

Quote: Marc P @ October 28 2009, 9:02 AM BST

And - She makes a good point!

I thought the prevailing consensus (what consensus?) was that Suzy Cocktail's work can't be put in 'Critique' because it is an official US-based production with legions of fans, and thus belongs in 'Foreign'.

Critique seems to me the place where people put suff for feedback so they can work on it. This is just showing stuff that has already been made. Maybe there should be a showcase section.

Quote: Marc P @ October 28 2009, 10:08 AM BST

Critique seems to me the place where people put suff for feedback so they can work on it. This is just showing stuff that has already been made. Maybe there should be a showcase section.

Excellent point.

Quote: Paul W @ October 28 2009, 7:59 AM BST

Dolly do you still write / record? I've read a few of your sketches now, you should keep up with it if you have stopped, if you don't use a talent you tend to lose it. :(

Thanks Paul. I do apparently still write (though don't have much to show for it - but I have had a sitcom optioned) I haven't performed for ages. The small successes I've had have always been when I've written and performed.

Quote: Kenneth @ October 28 2009, 10:03 AM BST

I thought the prevailing consensus (what consensus?) was that Suzy Cocktail's work can't be put in 'Critique' because it is an official US-based production with legions of fans, and thus belongs in 'Foreign'.

True, but isn't it in the Foreign Comedy section. Which seems to stretching the definition on one count. Whistling nnocently

:D

Critique seems to me the place where people put suff for feedback so they can work on it. This is just showing stuff that has already been made.

Yeah I'm not really after any feedback as the work is a couple of years old and well....it's done now. :)

I am also totally aware of the lack of quailty in sound and vision. I filmed nearly everything myself with a home camcorder and a tripod and edited on basic software. I also had to film most of the stuff with a toddler at my feet, kept quiet with a jigsaw puzzle. There's some interesting out-takes with the toddler saying lines before I did or asking for a potty.

Quote: Moonstone @ October 28 2009, 1:48 AM BST

You sounded like Karren Taylor.

But without the boobs. :)

Maybe there should be a showcase section.

I'm not convinced that would work; it would probably be too similar to Critique.

Unless it was a viewing area only, people are still going to post their usual comments: 'Love it!' 'Hate it.' 'It could be improved by doing xyz...' etc.

If people don't want to showcase their work in Critique, they can always post a link - to YouTube or wherever - in their sig.

:)

Quote: Kenneth @ October 28 2009, 10:03 AM BST

Agreed. It's also a very successful, profit making enterprise. If Suzie Cocktail goes into Critique, the likes of 'Friends' and 'Bewitched' would have to go in too.

Quote: don rushmore @ October 28 2009, 12:12 PM BST

If people don't want to showcase their work in Critique, they can always post a link - to YouTube or wherever - in their sig.

:)

I never read sigs let alone click on the links - I always expect they link to a cat doing something funny - or worse. :)

Quote: don rushmore @ October 28 2009, 12:28 PM BST

Agreed. It's also a very successful, profit making enterprise.

True. I can't compete with that.