Me, me, me Page 7

Probably Pleased

It's a good character, I think the material can be sharpened up though. But it did make me smile, so good work.

Quote: Leevil @ October 30 2009, 3:34 PM BST

Probably Pleased

It's a good character, I think the material can be sharpened up though.

I agree. It's the first thing I made about three years ago (I still have my really long hair in it. Teary ).

I plan to do more with the character, though I find it hard playing a sad, dippy idiot. Whistling nnocently

Well that was VERY good acting then :D

i think it is difficult for female writers/performers as there is a shocking dirth of influences/role models out there. for me some of this did work well, although you need to look towards capturing the zeitgeist a bit more. still, it was superior to garbage like katy brand and other women like that.

Quote: jim field @ October 30 2009, 7:31 PM BST

i think it is difficult for female writers/performers

Really?

At many of the clubs I know, the audience is always extremely kind to women comedians in the hope that the jokes are just a prelude to getting their kit off.

Quote: jim field @ October 30 2009, 7:31 PM BST

i think it is difficult for female writers/performers as there is a shocking dirth of influences/role models out there. for me some of this did work well, although you need to look towards capturing the zeitgeist a bit more. still, it was superior to garbage like katy brand and other women like that.

Thanks for your comments Jim. :)

The films are all a few years old now, so no they aren't very zeitgeisty - hopefully I'll be making some new ones soon.

Quote: Roodeye @ October 30 2009, 7:59 PM BST

Really?

At many of the clubs I know, the audience is always extremely kind to women comedians in the hope that the jokes are just a prelude to getting their kit off.

I think the general consensus is that most people inwardly groan to themselves when a female stand-up is introduced (I've been guilty of that too I hate to say) even if they might not be as outwardly aggressive. Some gigs like Jongleurs type clubs are notoriously hard for female stand-ups.

No one has wanted me to take my clothes off. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 30 2009, 8:25 PM BST

No one has wanted me to take my clothes off. :)

Wave

Yes women taking their clothes off Don and Roodeye is great isn't it? Can We stick to critiquing material in critique please.

Quote: Marc P @ October 30 2009, 8:51 PM BST

Yes women taking their clothes off Don and Roodeye is great isn't it? Can We stick to critiquing material in critique please.

Marc,

My posting is entirely relevant to the thread as it addresses the question of society's attitude to women comedians trying to succeed in what has always been a male-dominated arena - a matter of supreme relevance to the author and subject of this thread, I would have thought.

However, be that as it may, on September 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM BST, you posted to the Critique section on Adam Blaize's thread a message to tell Bigfella your local pub is just around the corner from where you live.

I have to say the words 'pot' and 'kettle' spring to mind. :D

Quote: Roodeye @ October 30 2009, 9:17 PM BST

Was that the name of the pub? :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 30 2009, 10:15 PM BST

Was that the name of the pub? :)

I actually spit my coffee out when I read that.

Very funny quip. Laughing out loud

Quote: Roodeye @ October 30 2009, 9:17 PM BST

Marc,

My posting is entirely relevant to the thread as it addresses the question of society's attitude to women comedians trying to succeed in what has always been a male-dominated arena - a matter of supreme relevance to the author and subject of this thread, I would have thought.

However, be that as it may, on September 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM BST, you posted to the Critique section on Adam Blaize's thread a message to tell Bigfella your local pub is just around the corner from where you live.

And on this point ladies and gentle of the jury I rest my case.

Yes women taking their clothes off is great isn't it?

Quote: Marc P @ October 27 2009, 1:41 AM BST

Yeah but what about Jeremy Spicer!!!

Quote: Marc P @ October 27 2009, 1:30 AM BST

Do I have the bandwidth?

Quote: Marc P @ October 27 2009, 1:48 AM BST

Yeah apart from the hat.

And then you have the audacity to tell me to stay on topic...?

Can We stick to critiquing material in critique please.

>_< >_< >_<

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 29 2009, 5:18 PM BST

Sorry, there's more.

Here's a couple of monlogues by my favourite character. Sadly she's probably the most like me. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljdcn7utcYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8KKSguLO2Y

Very good indeed. You should have a stab at a longer monologue. Ten fifteen minutes maybe. Or a half hour?

Quote: Marc P @ October 31 2009, 8:45 AM BST

Very good indeed. You should have a stab at a longer monologue. Ten fifteen minutes maybe. Or a half hour?

I was thinking feature length. :)

Or do a Borat/Bruno type thing.