Brighton Belles Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ September 24 2009, 3:30 PM BST

One would have thought so, but no. Two of the 1990s' most popular sitcoms - Birds Of A Feather and 2point4 Children - sold so dismally when DVD releases began that the respective companies were extremely close to bankruptcy. (Or so I've been lead to believe.)

Back in the days when DVDs were a new technology, a venn diagram of the audience for BBC One pre-watershed sitcoms and DVD buyers would not have shown a big overlap. Larger now probably, though a lot of older people still do not really do new media. (Much as when I am in my dotage I shall probably give up on the 3D surround hologram player the grandkids bought for Christmas.)

Oh and Brighton Belles was shit.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 24 2009, 3:40 PM BST

They must have flogged every moment of Peter Kay's professional career by now on DVD. Cynical barrel-scraping at its most blatant. Phoenix Nights and That Peter Kay Thing were excellent, but the rest of stuff - including his over-rated stand-up - meh!

The standup collections are terrible. New releases, collections, or 'best of' compilations every freaking year. The most unashamed was his "The Very Best Of Peter Kay Live!" collection in 2007: "Stand-Up UKay".

Going off-tpic I think here.

I vaguely remember this. Who else was in it? Was Wendy Craig in it?

Yep, she was.

I suppose you want me to look it up on yur bloody site don't you!

You haven't got anything on it have you!

So who else was in it?

I doubt we've got a published guide to it yet!

It starred Sheila Hancock, Jean Boht, Wendy Craig and Sheila Gish.

Aaron, I thought I would be nice.

How are you today?

:)

Omg people do remember it, sort of anyway :P

Who produced it? Any idea what the ratings were?

It was produced by Humphrey Barclay Productions, I suspect "in association with" the British arm of whichever company produced The Golden Girls. The ratings would have been monumentally shocking.

And hello Scottidog, I am ok thanks.