Quote: Lee @ 8th July 2016, 11:30 AM BST

What's it about?

Where do I start?............

It's about the pain of youth
It's about the shoot of hope breaking through the barren ground of toil
It's about the friendship that binds individuals into a collective force
It's about the people's struggle against corporatisation and demutualisation

........oh, and robots.

Houdini and Doyle. No idea why I didn't watch it first time round, it's a bit good.
Exactly the sort of thing I like, a load of mystery mixed up with true facts, myths and history.
Just like American Horror Story before it went shit and thought Lady Ga Ga was a good replacement for Jessica Lange.
Speaking of which I'm surprised more people don't realise that there are more "true" life events and myths depicted in AHS, the Black Dahlia murder, Edward Mordrake, the alleged alien abductions from the Aslyum years, the doctor that was based on Josef Mengle, the Jazz loving Axeman from Coven, Mr March from Hotel was based on Herman Webster Mudgett who was also known as H H Holmes Americas first serial killer who built a hotel with dead drops, stairs leading nowhere, rooms that were basically walk in ovens and gas chambers, Delphine La Laurie from Coven and they're just the ones off the top of my sleep deprived head.

I've just seen the respective husbands of May and Leadsom.

Are they into swapping? They look the round way round.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3680531/So-ll-Denis-Thatcher-Theresa-s-cricket-loving-Philip-Andrea-Leadsom-s-home-tidying-Ben-battle-Husband.html

The Howling. Some say it's better than An American Werewolf In London, which was released around the same time. They're wrong, but it's still pretty fun.

It is the second scariest werewolf film.

Is the first That wanky Twilight film?
I had an email read out on a movie podcast years ago which contained my review of the film which just consisted of
"Moody teenager tries to decided between necrophilia and bestiality"
Apparently they had a record number of complaint in the week after.mquite proud of that one.

Started watching The Lens, the Czech crime drama where the protagonist uses the power of photography to solve crimes. On the evidence of the first episode, he does this by, um, taking photos and... looking at photos.

Zoolander 2

Lot's of impressive Cameos
And some funny bits in there
That's as nice as I can be

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th July 2016, 11:57 PM BST

Zoolander 2

Lot's of impressive Cameos
And some funny bits in there
That's as nice as I can be

Yeah, I saw it a couple of months ago. Disappointing wasn't it?

I saw it with low expectations, and have to say that the first 5 minutes were rather good cinema. I got bored soon after that, but there was at least some interesting stuff going on now and again, so it's a 6/10 from Nogget.

The Conjuring 2. Laughably stupid crap. Prompted me to watch Repossessed, which does have a few good scenes.

How to Bathe a Hamster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDw3DmTvHNM

Quote: Kenneth @ 11th July 2016, 8:42 AM BST

The Conjuring 2. Laughably stupid crap. Prompted me to watch Repossessed, which does have a few good scenes.

Conjuring 2.

Good I thought, direction/editing let it down a bit. It showed too much, if it had implied more than showing then it could have been far scarier.

I tried watching High Rise the other night, but had to give up after about an hour and a bit as it was just too preposterous.