I've just seen... Page 413

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 19th July 2016, 7:19 PM BST

Conjuring 2.

Good I thought, direction/editing let it down a bit. It showed too much, if it had implied more than showing then it could have been far scarier.

I quite enjoyed 'Conjouring 2' (well, apart from the idiots chatting in the back row!) I recently rented the first one and thought that that was pretty scary and full of those darned 'jump scares'

I went to see 'The Legend of Tarzan' on Monday and it was ... a bit pah really, what with all of the CGI animals and stuff. If you haven't got an Unlimited Card I'd suggest saving your pennies for the BFG.

Fast and Furious 7. Great fun, although it goes on far longer than it needs to. If they cut all the bollocks with Dom banging on about family, it'd be a nice tight ninety minutes.

Quote: Ben @ 19th July 2016, 9:02 PM BST

I tried watching High Rise the other night, but had to give up after about an hour and a bit as it was just too preposterous.

That sums up an awful lot of JG Ballard. Who I like, but he does peddle some hooey ideas.

Quote: Ben @ 19th July 2016, 9:02 PM BST

I tried watching High Rise the other night, but had to give up after about an hour and a bit as it was just too preposterous.

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd July 2016, 10:38 AM BST

That sums up an awful lot of JG Ballard. Who I like, but he does peddle some hooey ideas.

That's funny. I nearly responded to Ben's post the other day, agreeing. Now I realise that I was confusing it with Tower Block, the Sheridan Smith, Jack O'Connell film, which is also totally preposterous, and which I also nearly stopped watching. :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1992258/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_22

Best film I've seen recently on the box was We Are the Best!, on Film4.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2364975/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

Got a dry, quirky humour which reminded me a bit of Bill Forsyth's stuff, and heartwarming in an unsentimental way, but quite leisurely paced, so won't suit everyone.

The Lobster. Oddball brilliance and probably the film of 2016 (or maybe 2015, depending when it came out).

Also watched Zardoz recently. Sean Connery in red leather y-fronts and thigh boots, a giant floating stone head that spews out guns, and cracking dialogue like "The penis is evil." They don't make them like that anymore.

Was just leaving the farm shop yesterday (Bletchingley) when a shortish woman and a a tall bloke walked in. I walked past them. I just saw them in the corner of my eye as I was in the front with a marrow and pork steaks in my bag but had some sort of feeling of familiarity. Then as soon as my father, 85, said in a very dramatic way "well, good morning.......nice to see you" I did a delayed double take and rapidly turned round. The short woman was Dame Judi Dench. She was polite in her response but must get fed up with that sort of thing, especially on Sundays. Weirdly - or perhaps not as we all have to live somewhere - the late Michael Williams apologised some years ago to my Mum for his/their dog being in her way as she tried to leave his local, The Bell at Outwood.

90-year-old Dick van Dyke sings Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at a Denny's restaurant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyGHiWWC8lM

Gymnastics.

It's a very weird culture isn't it. :S

Finding Dory - contained mild terror so I shan't be dipping my toe in that film school again.

The Bad education movie!
So sue me , I've got Sky Movies for a month and I'm also two thirds of the way thrugh Spectre, phew does that one drag

Anyway back to Bad Education
It's a really funny movie, , , good laugh count for a British comedy

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th August 2016, 2:55 PM

Was just leaving the farm shop yesterday (Bletchingley) when a shortish woman and a a tall bloke walked in. I walked past them. I just saw them in the corner of my eye as I was in the front with a marrow and pork steaks in my bag but had some sort of feeling of familiarity. Then as soon as my father, 85, said in a very dramatic way "well, good morning.......nice to see you" I did a delayed double take and rapidly turned round. The short woman was Dame Judi Dench. She was polite in her response but must get fed up with that sort of thing, especially on Sundays. Weirdly - or perhaps not as we all have to live somewhere - the late Michael Williams apologised some years ago to my Mum for his/their dog being in her way as she tried to leave his local, The Bell at Outwood.

Oh she goes everywhere.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th August 2016, 9:04 PM

Oh she goes everywhere.

She does in our area. :)

Often see Virginia (Travers) McKenna too.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th August 2016, 7:42 PM

Often see Virginia (Travers) McKenna too.

As in Born Free?

Wow.

I love that film.

I've just seen that anyone who is currently 101 is old enough to be my great grand parent.

The same applies to you re the 108 year olds.

That's just brilliant isn't it. :)

.....Talking of which my parents have always claimed they had me at 32.

Is it possible they are my grandparents?

I feel I am old enough now to be told. :)

Spud. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1059969/

Currently on Sky Demand along with Spud 2 and Spud 3.

Based on the books by John Van De Ruit.

A coming of age type film about a 13 year old boy's time in a South African boarding school. It is funny without being gross or over sentimental. The sequels are also funny and enjoyable. A great enable cast of relatively unknown actors (apart from John Cleese - who plays a minor role very understated for him) with a great performance by South African stand-up Aaron McIlroy as the dad.

One of those films you've never heard of and stumble across, which turn out to be brilliant.

A picture of James Acaster.

Is he Mick Jagger's grandson?