I've just seen... Page 390

Lovely Molly. Perfunctory ghost story in which the heroine is sexually abused by a singing ghost that sounds like Tom Waits.

Quote: chipolata @ 17th March 2014, 8:55 PM GMT

Lovely Molly. Perfunctory ghost story in which the heroine is sexually abused by a singing ghost that sounds like Tom Waits.

Another one of your made up movies. You don't fool us. ;)

Hi chip! Wave

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th March 2014, 9:01 PM GMT

Another one of your made up movies. You don't fool us. ;)

Hi chip! Wave

Tis real! Directed by one of the people responsible for The Blair Witch Project. Which must seem a long time ago for the poor shlub now.

Grand Budapest Hotel. Smashing!

Loved the trailer - plan to see it. "Moonrise Kingdom" is one of my favourite films in recent years.

Did you see the last Jarmusch? Lots of fun music references/elements, and generally lots to like.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 22nd March 2014, 10:46 PM GMT

Did you see the last Jarmusch? Lots of fun music references/elements, and generally lots to like.

The vampyre movie? No. My last two Jarmusch films were Limits Of Control and Broken Flowers (with Bill Murray), loved both of them.

Loved the trailer - plan to see it.

Do it. Visually beautiful, bizarre comedy & good soundtrack.

"Moonrise Kingdom" is one of my favourite films in recent years.

Probably the only Wes Anderson Film I haven't seen yet. Will have to buy the DVD.

Royal Tenenbaums, Live Aquatic and the animated one are my favourite Anderson films.

I've never seen Jarmusch's Neil Young film. Have you? If so, how is it?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 22nd March 2014, 11:05 PM GMT

I've never seen Jarmusch's Neil Young film. Have you? If so, how is it?

No I haven't. Which is sad because I love Neil Young.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 22nd March 2014, 11:02 PM GMT

Royal Tenenbaums, Live Aquatic and the animated one are my favourite Anderson films.

"Bottle Rocket", his first (I think) is fun too.

Just seen that JJ's in post production on a documentary about Iggy and the Stooges.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 22nd March 2014, 11:12 PM GMT

Just seen that JJ's in post production on a documentary about Iggy and the Stooges.

Great. Iggy is the kind of guy you'd expect Jarmusch to be interested in. The same kind of ragged outcast as Tom Waits, who already appeared in his films.

Iggy had a prominent role in Dead Man too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112817/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_10

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 22nd March 2014, 10:30 PM GMT

Grand Budapest Hotel. Smashing!

I saw this last night. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it - not usually a fan of Wes Anderson's stuff.

Slight overkill on the famous faces - I find that too many famous people in a film brings you out of the story as you sit there going " my, Harvey Keitel looks different."

Overall, a good film though. 8/10.

Quote: Jennie @ 23rd March 2014, 9:46 AM GMT

I saw this last night. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it - not usually a fan of Wes Anderson's stuff.

Slight overkill on the famous faces - I find that too many famous people in a film brings you out of the story as you sit there going " my, Harvey Keitel looks different."

Overall, a good film though. 8/10.

Agree with you on Keitel...especially because his character wasn't important in the slightest. His popularity and high profile status among film fans was just distracting.

I watched Dallas Buyer's Club last night and thought it very good. Not as entertaining as The Wolf of Wall Street which is still my favourite film of the year, but Matthew McConaughey certainly deserved his Oscar for best actor.

Watched You, Me and Irene again on TV last night. Lots of people can't bear Jim Carrey, but I love him and this film in particular. Renee Zellweger is marvellous. Loads of extremely vulgar jokes.