Funny? Creative? Innovative? Read on...! Page 3

Quote: greensville @ August 3 2009, 2:43 PM BST

I've just emailed them. Will let you know if I hear back! Anyone else made contact with these mysterious creatures?

I have, but I have more doubts than when I agreed to see the puppies for a second time.

Quote: freddie gagtella @ August 4 2009, 7:14 AM BST

when I write I do so in the nudity nude nude with a glass dipping ink pen wedged firmly between my pert bum cheeks poised over the paper in the yogic crab position using a system of mirrors to see what I am scribing........how innovative and talented is that??
Or do some of you other writers do this as well?

When I'm creatively constipated, I try to work it out with a pencil.

Quote: Rhubarb @ August 4 2009, 9:07 AM BST

When I'm creatively constipated, I try to work it out with a pencil.

That was a bit forced Rhubarb :)

I emailed them and they emailed me back asking to send them stuff.

I sent some stuff. It has generated so much tumbleweed that they still can't get to the keyboard to reply...

Dan

I've sent stuff in. Nothing by way of reply. Starting to wonder if my jokes have been smuggled out of the country in a crate and are being made to work as slaves in a seedy sketch-show in Belarus.

Quote: doris @ August 4 2009, 2:36 PM BST

I've sent stuff in. Nothing by way of reply. Starting to wonder if my jokes have been smuggled out of the country in a crate and are being made to work as slaves in a seedy sketch-show in Belarus.

More than likely, Doris. The slave-trade at the moment is a joke.

Oh - welcome to the BCG!

Hi all,

Thanks very much to everyone who's sent us material for consideration - we've had an overwhelming response, with a lot of good stuff.

We'll be getting in touch with the best of the best over the next week or so to arrange a meeting (for those in London) or a phone call (for those not) to take things further,

Due to the large number of submissions we've received, we won't be able to get back to everyone who's been unsuccessful straight away. That said - please do keep sending us ideas / sketches / pilot scripts / muffins / cupcakes - we'll keep reading, and when something / someone tickles our fancy we'll be in touch to discuss working together.

And just as reassurance - we won't be smuggling anyone's jokes into eastern europe - nothing whatsoever sent to Comedy Jam will ever be used without the original author's express permission, knowledge and direct involvement.

Cheers!

Adam
Comedy Jam
comedy.jam@gmail.com

I still don't understand any of this.

Neither do I.

Nor me.

Could you please explain exactly what you're after please?

From what I can gather, they won't be we won't be smuggling anyone's jokes into eastern Europe - without the original author's express permission, knowledge and direct involvement.

I emailed them with a bit of bumf about myself and at the end said

'Anyway, I thought I'd make contact and see what exactly you're after. I have numerous sketches, sit-com ideas and panal shows. Anything specific you'd like to see?'

I thought this was a good idea rather than sending just anything. I didn't get a reply. Maybe I'll get a phone call. That'd be fine. I can be preeeeetty good on the phone.

Anyone here get a response?

Not me. Not yet.

Dan