The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 788

The chasm between the Premier league and the Championship is becoming ridiculous

Burnley and Sheff Utd utterly humiliated week after week

Yes and the mandatory relegation and promotion rule is actually letting good teams go down in place of inferior teams. I think I predicted on here that all 3 teams that went down last season will come straight back up in place of the 3 who came up and so far it's looking very possible. I wanted to bet on it but couldn't find any odds on it. 😠

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th March 2024, 8:56 PM

A masterclass from the Arse tonight.

Only the second top-flight team to score 5+ goals in three successive away league games (the other being Burnley in 1961/62 (6-2 v Birmingham, 6-2 v Leicester & 5-3 v Fulham).

Those scores from the 60s are great fun, I've long wished we could go back to that after some bleak decades of low scores and defensive set ups made the football dull. The Premiership and 3 point system has helped it get more exciting, but all the money from TV has meant the defending's got better as well. But since Covid the scores have gone mad, so that's surely another benefit of the killer disease from China. 🤔

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 5th March 2024, 6:34 AM

I think I predicted on here that all 3 teams that went down last season will come straight back up in place of the 3 who came up and so far it's looking very possible. I wanted to bet on it but couldn't find any odds on it. 😠

You could have taken the odds about each team individually being relegated/promoted and then backed them in a six-fold accumulator.

AFC Wimbledon midfielder, Harry Pell, charged by the FA with kicking balls at Milton Keynes supporters during the warm-up last week. And why wouldn't you?

Although, to be fair, he was probably aiming at the goal.

How long did IW take to pull that second ball out? F**kin' rigged.

Quote: don rushmore @ 17th March 2024, 6:36 PM

What was wrong with Bert Millichip and his balls on a Monday lunchtime, that's what I'd like to know.

They didn't even tell us which numbers related to which teams.

Good old Bert. Sadly had his (Milli)chips in 2002 :(

I miss Tony Adams doing the draw whilst off his tits on booze n drugs

Nottingham Forrest seem to be playing FPL for real.
Except they buy players but forget to sell some.

They think 4 points deduction is unfair as they did sell Brennan Johnson to Spurs. Yes, 3 months too late though, they said that was a near miss.

Quote: don rushmore @ 17th March 2024, 6:36 PM

Whoever rigged it wasn't a Chelsea fan.
💙🤬

It's getting tight at the top, and Leicester have a game in hand. 😒

Don't look at the bottom.

Only 63 points behind Ipswich - we can all live in hope while the league is still live. At least that's what I tell myself in the FPL - I'm only 300 points behind Horse.

Fa cup replays scrapped

Absolute disaster for small, skint clubs expecting a big pay day at Old Trafford etc