The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 785

Ineligible player ??

Idiots!

Sergio Ramos shown the 29th red card of his career in the Sevilla v Real Sociedad game on Sunday.

29??!

Actually he is a dirty cheating sod so it's quite believable

Villa only two points from the top. What a turnaround.

Quote: lofthouse @ 27th November 2023, 4:36 PM

29??!

Actually he is a dirty cheating sod so it's quite believable

It is, but having a reputation gets you disproportionately targeted by poor refs who'd only give yellows to others for the same fouls. Some refs like to punish them for their past misdemeanours and some fear being criticised for being weak against them and over react. It's quite a common fault in football reffing.

Quote: DaButt @ 27th November 2023, 4:43 PM

Villa only two points from the top. What a turnaround.

Sometimes a manager/coach comes in and just clicks with a group of players, as seems to be happening here. I think he felt the pressure at Arsenal, who are always under the media microscope, whereas no one expects Villa to be challenging the leaders, giving them a kind of freedom to perform, like the Foxes in their 2000/1 defying triumph.

I watched my team play Sunderland this week and we won 2 - 1.
22 geezers were kicking a ball about for 90 minutes.

Then the commentator asked the other commentator to nominate 'the player of the match.
Twitter and the local paper also reported on who won the player of the match.

If we are going down this road, then I suggest a new title for the person who pleased most by their skills during the game.

Human of indeterminate gender of the match. I think that is very inclusive

And I've heard women players talk about Man marking.

Big match tonight on ITV4. Wimbledon v Ramsgate. FA Cup 2nd round. Winners home to Ipswich in round 3.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th December 2023, 9:23 AM

Big match tonight on ITV4. Wimbledon v Ramsgate. FA Cup 2nd round. Winners home to Ipswich in round 3.

I see they won. So no problem getting into Round 4 then.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th December 2023, 9:47 PM

I see they won. So no problem getting into Round 4 then.

Well and truly, but The Town Super Blues will be ready for them

Currently Man Utd 0 - Bournemouth 3

🤣🤣🤣

Villa with 15 straight home wins. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Yes, I know this is tempting fate, but what the heck - Come on Millwall! Kick those foxes up the arse tonight!!

Man, they are sore losers in Turkey!

🥊🤪

Let's hope that Newcastle's owner doesn't have Eddy Howe chopped to bits while he listens to it over the phone.