The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 567

Wengers last game ...?

Hang on...

Brilliant free kick

2-1

Yes, Cazorla's free kick was a lovely set piece.

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th May 2014, 5:10 PM BST

LETS ALL LAUGH AT ARSENAL

LETS ALL LAUGH AT ARSENAL

LA LA LAAAA LA

LA LA LAAAAAA LA

Laughing out loud

Funnily enough, when Arsenal went 2-0 down, my phone was full of text messages from scumbag friends, but weirdly when we won 3-2, not a single text.

Haters can all go suck a f**k - particularly fans of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd - who've finished this season with bugger all.

Wenger's finally got that monkey off his back. Something for them to cheer about at last.

So the arse could only beat Hull after extra time! And they're supposed to be a top team!!!!

Quote: Chappers @ 20th May 2014, 6:00 PM BST

So the arse could only beat Hull after extra time! And they're supposed to be a top team!!!!

Chelsea won f**k all this season, and they're supposed to be a top team!!!

I'll tell you how rubbish Chelsea are, they only finished 3 points ahead of Arsenal, who are supposed to be a top team!!!

BTW, have you seen our shiny new trophy? It's luvvvvverly.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 18th May 2014, 5:25 PM BST

Haters can all go suck a f**k - particularly fans of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd - who've finished this season with bugger all.

Well said that man.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 7:10 PM BST

Chelsea won f**k all this season, and they're supposed to be a top team!!!

I'll tell you how rubbish Chelsea are, they only finished 3 points ahead of Arsenal, who are supposed to be a top team!!!

:)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 7:10 PM BST

BTW, have you seen our shiny new trophy? It's luvvvvverly.

They just HAD to win it!

What the absolute f**k is going on with Yaya Toure? Crying because he didn't get a pat on his head on his birthday? Are you shitting me?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484318

Quote: Chappers @ 20th May 2014, 8:19 PM BST

They just HAD to win it!

:D

Quote: shaggy292 @ 20th May 2014, 8:22 PM BST

What the absolute f**k is going on with Yaya Toure? Crying because he didn't get a pat on his head on his birthday? Are you shitting me?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484318

Not quite, the owners refused to shake his hand. Luckily, avoiding handshakes with black players has never been a problem in the Premier League...

Huh?

Will Cam and eldest lad have just bought tickets today to see the mighty QPR at Wembley on Saturday! Come on you Rs!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 18th May 2014, 5:25 PM BST

I'm pleased for Arsenal although God help them if Shane Long and Nikita Jelavic hadn't been cup-tied.

Chelsea have had a disappointing season, for sure. They've played some crafty and snide football and won nothing. Benitez's team from last season would probably have done better.

Man U have been exposed for what they are - a mediocre mid-table team with a superiority complex. Without Ferguson's nous and bullying they haven't been able to do much. Remember how many times United conceded in the first half last season? Ferguson seemed to be able to rally them in the second half. The belief in a late United surge is now gone for good.

Liverpool have played brilliantly. They were strangely outwitted by Chelsea but have played fantastic, stirring football all season. To move up from seventh to second is a fantastic achievement and beats Arsenal's fourth place and FA cup hollow.

They scored 101 goals and were beaten by a team assembled by a committee. Roll on next season.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 21st May 2014, 12:09 AM BST

Man U have been exposed for what they are - a mediocre mid-table team with a superiority complex. Without Ferguson's nous and bullying they haven't been able to do much. Remember how many times United conceded in the first half last season? Ferguson seemed to be able to rally them in the second half. The belief in a late United surge is now gone for good.

And referees didn't have to be worried about getting the sack if they gave a penalty at Old Trafford.

Liverpool have played brilliantly. They were strangely outwitted by Chelsea but have played fantastic, stirring football all season. To move up from seventh to second is a fantastic achievement

Agreed and they stuck with their manager from last season.

and beats Arsenal's fourth place and FA cup hollow.

Go stick your knob in a mincer. :P

How do you feel about Wenger staying on and who would you like to see brought in/sold?

Obviously Sanogo should be dissolved in acid, rather than sold.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 21st May 2014, 12:20 AM BST

Go stick your knob in a mincer. :P

Your mum/girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/cat won't let me.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 21st May 2014, 12:27 AM BST

How do you feel about Wenger staying on and who would you like to see brought in/sold?

Obviously Sanogo should be dissolved in acid, rather than sold.

Sanogo is one for the future. He has a footballer's brain and is always getting in good positions to score, he just needs to knock a few into the net to get his confidence. I'm not keen on short termism in football, otherwise we'd have got rid of Henry, Ramsey, Walcott, etc.

As I've been supporting Arsenal since the George Graham days, I'm over the moon that Wenger is renewing his contract. I remember the kind of football we used to play. Bruce Rioch brought Bergkamp to Arsenal, so he gets a small pass. But without a doubt, Wenger has been the best thing to happen to Arsenal ever.

All of the young impressionable fans who see other clubs chop and change managers are spoiled morons who should shut their stupid mouths. We've become an internationally respected club known for playing beautiful football with a top 4 finish and Champions League qualification every year for 18 years.

The final question is always: 'Who would replace him?'.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 21st May 2014, 12:27 AM BST

Your mum/girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/cat won't let me.

You leave my wife-cat out of this. No one touches Mrs. Fluffikins but me.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 21st May 2014, 12:41 AM BST

Sanogo is one for the future. He has a footballer's brain and is always getting in good positions to score, he just needs to knock a few into the net to get his confidence. I'm not keen on short termism in football, otherwise we'd have got rid of Henry, Ramsey, Walcott, etc.

As I've been supporting Arsenal since the George Graham days, I'm over the moon that Wenger is renewing his contract. I remember the kind of football we used to play. Bruce Rioch brought Bergkamp to Arsenal, so he gets a small pass. But without a doubt, Wenger has been the best thing to happen to Arsenal ever.

All of the young impressionable fans who see other clubs chop and change managers are spoiled morons who should shut their stupid mouths. We've become an internationally respected club known for playing beautiful football with a top 4 finish and Champions League qualification every year for 18 years.

The final question is always: 'Who would replace him?'.

I was surprised by some of the vitriol tossed Wenger's way this season, but then I was also surprised by how badly they played on occasion and Wenger's seeming equanimity after the Liverpool and Chelsea games for instance.

But he is a great manager and his taking off of Cazorla and bringing on Rossicky and Wilshire in extra time when penalties were looming showed that. I'm not a gooner but I did see Arsenal play three times last season and I think he couldn't be easily replaced, despite evidence that his powers are waning.

Sanogo doesn't impress me and Giroud burned out three months back. You need a good forward and attacking midfielder and obviously someone to replace Sagna. Fabregas? I'm sure he'd rather come back to Arsenal than go to to the Frankenstein's monster that Man U is going to become under Van Gaal.

The general consensus is that Arsenal managed to save their season after shooting their bollocks off in January but I think they were unlucky to lose Ramsay and Walcott. Things could have been a bit different. But they played some beautiful football and that's all that interests me.