The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 562

Laughing out loud :D

The three of the forwards in Brazil's World Cup team are Bernard, Fred and Jo.

:D

Brazil's squad doesn't sound very menacing. Why no Coutinho?!

If Gus Poyet doesn't win Manager of the Month, then the FA is a travesty.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th May 2014, 11:12 PM BST

If Gus Poyet doesn't win Manager of the Month, then the FA is a travesty.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 7th October 2013, 7:01 PM BST

I wish Poyet the best of luck at Sunderland. I think he will turn things around there, and certainly keep them up this season.

7th October 2013

:D

He's had a great month. Pulis has probably had a better season though.

Quote: Ben @ 7th May 2014, 8:57 PM BST

Brazil's squad doesn't sound very menacing. Why no Coutinho?!

Because there's four Chelsea players in the squad. And he didn't do much for my fantasy team.

Quote: Ben @ 8th May 2014, 7:02 PM BST

He's had a great month. Pulis has probably had a better season though.

No - I think Moyes did the best job over the season.

Come back agent Moyes, Your job is done!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27324763

Bet that made his f**kin' eyes water !

Quote: Oldrocker @ 8th May 2014, 10:16 PM BST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27324763

Bet that made his f**kin' eyes water !

Personally, this ranks up there with the Anelka quenelle in terms of the FA making non-legal rulings. Sarcasm has now been outlawed under this 'fantastic' regime.

THIS is the worst thing for the spirit of English football ever.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27327502

It will ruin the whole romance and glory of real promotion and relegation and how will it benefit English football? What is wrong with the Premier Under 21 league already?

Every supporter of a lower league and non-league team will basically have the carpet ripped from under them.

If they want to increase the number of English players in the Premier League why don't they just introduce a cap on foreign players per team? It's not a restraint of employment. They can sign as many foreigners as they want but for instance they can only play, say 6 foreigners in the team.

I've wondered for years what the outcome would be if teams were only able to sign players born within 100 miles of the ground?

Who would be top then I wonder?

Quote: Chappers @ 8th May 2014, 10:54 PM BST

They can sign as many foreigners as they want but for instance they can only play, say 6 foreigners in the team.

As an Arsenal fan, this could be a bit tricky. Not that I disagree, but our domestic players seem to get injured a lot. But I'd be quite happy to see regular team places for Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Gibbs, Jenkinson and Wilshire.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 8th May 2014, 11:49 PM BST

I've wondered for years what the outcome would be if teams were only able to sign players born within 100 miles of the ground?

Who would be top then I wonder?

London teams, as they could buy players from France and Spain. ;)

Quote: Chappers @ 8th May 2014, 10:02 PM BST

Because there's four Chelsea players in the squad. And he didn't do much for my fantasy team.

To be fair Dave he did do more than you

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 8th May 2014, 11:54 PM BST

To be fair Dave he did do more than you

Yes - that's probably true.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 8th May 2014, 11:52 PM BST

As an Arsenal fan, this could be a bit tricky. Not that I disagree, but our domestic players seem to get injured a lot. But I'd be quite happy to see regular team places for Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Gibbs, Jenkinson and Wilshire.

Yes - but the idea would be that they would have to sign up and develop more English players who with experience of playing at a higher level SHOULD IMPROVE.

it's too easy to sign and cheaper to sign foreigners.