The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 564

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 10th May 2014, 2:31 PM BST

It obviously didn't work as Rooney bagged 7 goals during our qualifying games and was 5th overall in the world.

http://www.worldfootball.net/goalgetter/wm-quali-europa-2012-2013/

Oh well, if we're getting all serious... :)

I'm not anti-Rooney by any means, but as with every United player except De Gea & Januzaj, he's looked very out-of-sorts this season, and if he plays like that in the World Cup it won't do us any favours.

I agree, crazy to leave him out of the squad, and probably best to keep him in the team - far too late to experiment without him.

Sturridge has been in better form though, and Rooney and Sturridge didn't seem to link up well when I watched them recently. A brave manager who was looking ahead to future tournaments, might play Sterling and Barkley to get the best out of Sturridge - would certainly be exciting to see them all in together.

Going by recent form, Connor Wickham is another young player worth serious consideration as an impact sub. Would make a nice change instead of Milner.

Quote: Chappers @ 10th May 2014, 1:35 PM BST

My son said he saw Eden Hazard shopping in Wilkinsons.

On millions of pounds but still goes to a bargain shop.

Buggered if I'd recognise him if I saw him though.

:O you wouldn't recognise your own son! You cad Chappers

Quote: Will Cam @ 10th May 2014, 6:00 PM BST

:O you wouldn't recognise your own son! You cad Chappers

Well I am getting old.

Just posting my dad's 1939 diary and OR would be pleased to see Wolves getting to the FA Cup Final by beating Grimsby and beating Chelsea 2-0 in the league.

(This is still the end of March. I fell behind in my daily posts while my laptop was in hospital.)

We lost 4 - 1 and I missed the coach home.

:(

Rooney's going into his first World Cup without having to recuperate from a (major) injury. Hopefully he'll be fresher and bag a goal this time.

England around 33/1.

Got to be worth my usual £10 to put up with all the flags and shit and if, God forbid, they should win it then I'm in pocket!

Quote: Ben @ 10th May 2014, 11:57 PM BST

Rooney's going into his first World Cup without having to recuperate from a (major) injury. Hopefully he'll be fresher and bag a goal this time.

Just the one?

As supposedly our best player I'd expect at least three or four.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th May 2014, 12:21 AM BST

Just the one?

As supposedly our best player I'd expect at least three or four.

Let him score five or six even and then look forward to his post match interviews which make Beckham sound like Alan Bennett.

According to Al Fayed the reason Fulham were relegated was because of the removal of the Michael Jackson statue.

According to him "this is such a fantastic statue which the fans are crying out for."

Well done Citteh.

Cashley isn't going to the World Cup.

Quote: shaggy292 @ 11th May 2014, 5:31 PM BST

Well done Citteh.

Yes, congratulations on your splendid purchase of the brand new 2014 Premier League.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2621321/Manchester-City-set-49m-fine-21-man-Champions-League-squad-limit-breaching-FFP-rules.html

We've estimated your bill as £49 million. Yours UEFA.

Better them than Liverpool.

Quote: Jennie @ 11th May 2014, 10:23 PM BST

Better them than Liverpool.

Why?

Forest fans hate Liverpool. Lots of history, particularly around Hillsborough. (A lot of Forest fans have a different recollection than the generally accepted version of events).

I'm not sure we could stomach the "divine justice" that would be a league win this year.