The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 570

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 27th May 2014, 12:16 PM BST

As a football fan I'd rather have seen Derby County in the PL next season, but still, that's the bottom of the table sorted until next year.

West Brom and Villa supporters must be delighted.

I think Leicester might stay up, actually.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 27th May 2014, 12:16 PM BST

As a football fan I'd rather have seen Derby County in the PL next season, but still, that's the bottom of the table sorted until next year.

West Brom and Villa supporters must be delighted.

:O how very dare you young man!

I see Glazer has just died. Veeeerry interesting!

Scotland are beating Nigeria 28-0.

;)

Rickie Lambert has joined Liverpool which is a good move for him, but not entirely sure how he fits in with their pacy, youthful side. Still, he's only £4 million, so it's not the worst signing ever.

Frank Lampard is leaving Chelsea to go play 'soccer' in the USA.

Interesting fact that in 1966 Bobby Moore's contract at West Ham had run out before the World Cup and he was about to join Tottenham. However if he wasn't contracted to any club he wouldn't be able to take part in the World Cup so he signed a new one at West Ham.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 2nd June 2014, 10:50 PM BST

Frank Lampard is leaving Chelsea to go get lots of $ in the USA.

World Cup.

Coming soon.

Quote: Ben @ 3rd June 2014, 7:28 PM BST

World Cup.

Coming soon.

2015 isn't it?

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd June 2014, 9:07 PM BST

2015 isn't it?

:D

What a cock up!

Adnan Januzaj has had his debut for Belgium ruled invalid - and Romelu Lukaku has lost his hat-trick - after Fifa downgraded last month's 5-1 friendly victory over Luxembourg.
Belgium boss Marc Wilmots made seven substitutions during the match on 26 May, but Fifa rules only allow six.
Fifa has now demoted it from an official friendly to a practice match.

Does that mean the spectators can get a refund?

Of course Chappers Old Man.

This is FIFA after all. Fairness and transparency y'know.

Nice to see a bit of attacking intent from England. Hopefully, they are free from any expectations and can enjoy it, have a go at some sides and maybe learn something.

Valencia is an idiot.

Quite a lively England "friendly". A couple of brilliant goals but what a ridiculous reaction by that tart Valencia to Sterling's tackle.

Good showing from Lambert and Chamberlain was playing well too. Not sure about our reserve defensive partnership being the reserve partnership of a team that finished 7th in the league.

And Rooney? Who?