The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 514

AVB has big problems and he is one of them. He's replaced Bale with ineffective uncreative players. Only Townsend has any speed and he didn't even get off the bench! His tactics seem to be to hold on to the ball and don't do anything with it. Pelligrini looked lightyears ahead of him as a coach, cutting through his midfield like they were statues.

Before yesterday they were above MC. Now they are below them and 25 goals behind on goal difference. That's 25 in just 12 games played!!! What planet that man is on when he criticises the 'negativity' of his fans Eh? is a mystery! Huh? Where did AVB get his reputation as a top class coach? In a minor European league! You couldn't find a coach more at odds with the premiership's cut and thrust style. He seems more concerned about how good he looks on camera than how Spurs can find a way of scoring goals! Come on Levy, press that eject button again.

So The Hawthorns is the highest football ground in Britain.

How odd.

Quote: Horseradish @ 25th November 2013, 9:10 PM GMT

So The Hawthorns is the highest football ground in Britain.

How odd.

I believe it has an uninterrupted view to The Urals (or somewhere).

Quote: Oldrocker @ 25th November 2013, 9:21 PM GMT

I believe it has an uninterrupted view to The Urals (or somewhere).

:D

Is that where Adrian Chiles hangs out?

Quote: Horseradish @ 25th November 2013, 9:46 PM GMT

:D

Is that where Adrian Chiles hangs out?

Pissin' Brummie that he is.

Would you Adam & Eve it, Basel kicks Mourinho's* butt...again!!!!!

* and Chapper's and Lazzard's ;)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th November 2013, 9:38 PM GMT

Just wanted to help you through.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th November 2013, 10:47 PM GMT

Just wanted to help you through.

Not because you like us but because you don't want the Krauts from Schalke to reach the 1/8 finals, of course.

Over the weeken there were three controversial incidents involving red cards or the lack of them.

Of the 3 only one was red carded but this has subsequently been rescinded and the Referee concerned removed from the list this week.

This sends the rediculous message to refs that if you send someone off you could be in trouble but if you miss something and leave a thug on the pitch for the whole game you're doing well.

How many red cards do you think there will be this week and how many dirty players will take advantage of this?

TV official.

Trouble is, and I may be controversial here, unlike rugby union fans who are able to wait for the decision, most football fans just want continuous action.

(United did well!)

Quote: Oldrocker @ 27th November 2013, 10:08 PM GMT

(United did well!)

Just lucky.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th November 2013, 9:38 PM GMT

Basel have become brilliant since Gordon's been on the forum
Or have they always been that way?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 27th November 2013, 10:18 PM GMT

Basel have become brilliant since Gordon's been on the forum
Or have they always been that way?

They have kicked Liverpool out of the Champions League in 2003...and they've beaten Bayern München in the first leg of the CL 1/8 finals in 2011. But the play constantly good since I'm on the BCG that's true.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 27th November 2013, 10:24 PM GMT

They have kicked Liverpool out of the Champions League in 2003...

Pfft
I could have done that

Are all the English clubs through to the CL knockout stages now? I hope so. I really hope so.