The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 299

Quote: shaggy292 @ January 8 2012, 12:36 PM GMT

SCHOLES IS BACK!!!!!

Great player, but he f**ked up there for City's 2nd.

Quote: lofthouse @ January 8 2012, 1:23 PM GMT

Utd playing with 12 men again today I see

Chris Foy has made plenty of high profile mistakes all through the season, but sure, go ahead and highlight this one if it suits your agenda.

Truly wonderful game.

Quote: Jamey @ January 8 2012, 5:16 PM GMT

Chris Foy has made plenty of high profile mistakes all through the season, but sure, go ahead and highlight this one if it suits your agenda.

It's not Foy I'm on about

It's ALL referees

Funny how all these high profile mistakes go in favourite of Utd

Hilarious in fact

Quote: lofthouse @ January 8 2012, 6:32 PM GMT

It's ALL referees

Hilarious in fact

Weren't they, in this same game, denied a clear penalty?

Evening things up?

Neil Warnock sacked

I reckon they've made a mistake there.

Quote: Rob H @ January 8 2012, 6:53 PM GMT

I reckon they've made a mistake there.

Au contraire, I think it's pretty good decisive action. They were going down on current form, and by acting now the new guy will have funds in the transfer window.

Quote: Badge @ January 8 2012, 7:04 PM GMT

Au contraire, I think it's pretty good decisive action. They were going down on current form, and by acting now the new guy will have funds in the transfer window.

Sorry Badge but as a lifelong QPR fan I think that this is the biggest mistake the club has made in sacking a manager.

Put a real downer on my weekend Angry

No room for sentiment, Will. I was discussing relegation tips with a footie-loving mate only on Friday and we both had QPR in the bottom three. This decision gives them a chance to change that.

Quote: lofthouse @ January 8 2012, 6:32 PM GMT

It's ALL referees

Hilarious in fact

It's a myth, people just take more notice of each and every mistake that goes in United's favour and ignore the ones that go against them.

However I will admit that up until about two seasons ago United got a large amount of favourable, wrong decisions at Old Trafford but since then referees seam so aware of this that a trend has developed where they (probably subcouciously) do the reverse and are more leinient to visitors and harsher to the home team.

Quote: Jamey @ January 8 2012, 7:16 PM GMT

However I will admit that up until about two seasons ago United got a large amount of favourable, wrong decisions at Old Trafford but since then referees seam so aware of this that a trend has developed where they (probably subcouciously) do the reverse and are more leinient to visitors and harsher to the home team.

HAHA!!that's the funniest post ive ever read on this forum! Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

with all due respect - bullspizzle Unimpressed

Quote: Badge @ January 8 2012, 7:12 PM GMT

I was discussing relegation tips with a footie-loving mate only on Friday and we both had QPR in the bottom three. This decision gives them a chance to change that.

With all due respect Badge, just because you and your mate had them in the bottom three at the end of the season doesn't necessarily make it the fait accompli you seem to be implying.

Quote: Rob H @ January 9 2012, 9:46 AM GMT

With all due respect Badge, just because you and your mate had them in the bottom three at the end of the season doesn't necessarily make it the fait accompli you seem to be implying.

Shit, isn't that how it works?

Normally, yes, obviously. Just not in this particular instance.