The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 304

He should be watching Mark Davies at Bolton

He's the new Messi

QPR won :D

Quote: Will Cam @ January 22 2012, 12:38 PM GMT

QPR won :D

Congrats.

How hass Macheada been doing for you by the way, I know he hasn't scored yet but has he played well when he has come on?

Bah. Congrats Jamey.

At least QPR won

Quote: Jamey @ January 22 2012, 2:10 PM GMT

Congrats.

How hass Macheada been doing for you by the way, I know he hasn't scored yet but has he played well when he has come on?

Hasn't done on much or done much yet but he is a very talented lad. with our established players all trying to impress mark Hughes (and succeeding against Wigan) I don't know how much he will get the chance to play.

Quote: AJGO @ January 22 2012, 5:57 PM GMT

Bah. Congrats Jamey.

I don't get it? :$ Eh?

Just being sportsman-like towards a Man U supporter; I'm Arsenal. I feel compelled to use the blushing emoticon but will refrain out of loyalty.

Oh well thankyou, gosh that is a suprise, I didn't expect that from anyone, not least an Arsenal fan considering our rivalry. It's very sportmanlike indeed. :)

Quote: AJGO @ January 22 2012, 10:28 PM GMT

Just being sportsman-like towards a Man U supporter; I'm Arsenal.

You what????????????

You obvioulsly don't understand. (Oh of course - you're a woman!)

The rivalry between Arsenal and Man U is serious because they're two proper clubs and so can also be grudgingly respectful (of some aspects) towards each other. The real venom is reserved for Chelsea and now Man City who are clubs that are actually genuinely ruining football. (Of course, please do read that in an annoying high-pitched squeal and presume that I'm clad in pink ribbons and about to cry because Chappers is just so horrid to me)

Quote: AJGO @ January 23 2012, 4:41 PM GMT

The rivalry between Arsenal and Man U is serious because they're two proper clubs and so can also be grudgingly respectful (of some aspects) towards each other. The real venom is reserved for Chelsea and now Man City who are clubs that are actually genuinely ruining football. (Of course, please do read that in an annoying high-pitched squeal and presume that I'm clad in pink ribbons and about to cry because Chappers is just so horrid to me)

;)

Just read this -

"Everton midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov is poised to join Spartak Moscow after agreeing terms with the Russian Premier League club".

Feel so sorry for those poor bastards who paid to have his name on their shirt. I'd ask for a refund.

Also any idea when Balotelli and Barton will come face to face on a football pitch?

And this thing about Beckham and Giggs playing in the GB Olympic team initially I thought it was ridiculous - but now I'm thinking it's more in keeping with the spirit and ethos of the Olympic Games.

Thats true, if I got to choose what order the top six clubs finished at the end of this season Arsenal would be third behind only Spurs and ofcourse United.
That and ofcourse Wenger and Sir Alex are best of friends really.

Quote: Chappers @ January 23 2012, 4:46 PM GMT

And this thing about Beckham and Giggs playing in the GB Olympic team initially I thought it was ridiculous - but now I'm thinking it's more in keeping with the spirit and ethos of the Olympic Games.

I was strongly in favour of it until I found out that the team is only aloud 18 players at the tournament, it worrys me that there is so little cover for injurys and tiredness so I don't think the veterans will start.

What exites me more is the chance of players like Welbeck, Sturridge, Wishire, Cleverly, Jones, Smalling, Gibbs, Walker and even Richards missing out on Euro places and playing alongside top class players like Bale and Ramsey, that will will be worth a watch.

The rivalry between Arsenal and Man U is serious because they're two proper clubs

What do you mean by 'proper clubs'?

The rivalry between Arsenal and Man U is serious because they're two proper clubs and so can also be grudgingly respectful (of some aspects) towards each other.

[rant]
Proper club my backside, Arsenal cheated and conned their way into top flight football at the expense of Tottenham, Chelsea, Barnsley and Wolves. Your feckless fans go on about how you've never been relegated, but you never should have been promoted in the first place. And because you bought your way (against the rules) to get to the top but were never punished (because you also bought people's silence) - you happened to be at the right place at the right time and benefited from it for decades, when in reality, you should have gone the same way as Clapham Rovers, but without their trophies. You're the least credible club going - everything you've 'achieved' should have an asterix next to it, informing everyone about your cheating ways.
[/rant]

Splodge are you referring to events in 1919, when Arsenal were promoted ahead of Tottenham? Because if you are, can I borrow your time machine please?