The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 300

Quote: Rob H @ January 9 2012, 9:46 AM GMT

With all due respect Badge, just because you and your mate had them in the bottom three at the end of the season doesn't necessarily make it the fait accompli you seem to be implying.

I think it would have been close but Warnock had the advantage of having money to spend and the ability to get the best out of his players. He is also a real character and I'll miss his post match interviews.

On Warnock going, I can't believe his personality isn't something to do with it, after all, they've been more or less mid table on their first season back, not bad, and wasn't it him who got them up there? maybe the chairman wants a less vocal, more compliant poodle in the job.

On Liverpool v MU in draw, oh dear Fergie, not having much luck this year.

Looking forward to Theirry Henry making a fist of it, lending a hand to Arsenal and punching a few in the back of the net tonight.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ January 9 2012, 10:15 AM GMT

On Warnock going, I can't believe his personality isn't something to do with it, after all, they've been more or less mid table on their first season back, not bad, and wasn't it him who got them up there? maybe the chairman wants a less vocal, more compliant poodle in the job.

For me there definatly are echos of the Chris Hughton sacking in this one, I don't think he desearved it. Just seams like a chairman seeing his team getting promomted and thinking they desearve a better manager to go with promotion even though they are actually doing quite well..

Funny the way Manchester United supporters suddenly reappear when they actually win a game.

Taking Scholes back was a real act of desperation and they nearly blew a three goal lead. Something they never would've done a couple of years ago.

Why don't they bring Gary Neville and Bobby Charlton back too?

Quote: Jamey @ January 9 2012, 4:56 PM GMT

For me there definatly are echos of the Chris Hughton sacking in this one, I don't think he desearved it. Just seams like a chairman seeing his team getting promomted and thinking they desearve a better manager to go with promotion even though they are actually doing quite well..

Not really. The new owner inherited Warnock after promotion.

Woot! Henry came on as a sub and scored the winning goal - just like in the films.

Quote: AJGO @ December 30 2011, 6:39 PM GMT

Thierry Henry, Thierry Henry, Thierry Henry, Thierry Henry :) :) :)

:) :) :)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 9 2012, 9:40 PM GMT

Woot! Henry came on as a sub and scored the winning goal - just like in the films.

Like a Disney movie. No hang on a minute, they don't have any black heroes do they Whistling nnocently

*Waits for Disney SWAT team to come through the window.

Quote: Will Cam @ January 9 2012, 9:57 PM GMT

Like a Disney movie. No hang on a minute, they don't have any black heroes do they Whistling nnocently

They had that black lady who kissed a frog. Errr

Quote: Will Cam @ January 9 2012, 9:57 PM GMT

What about Mickey and Goofy?

Quote: Badge @ January 9 2012, 9:28 PM GMT

Not really. The new owner inherited Warnock after promotion.

I didn't know that.

The ujust sacking still parallels Hughtons though.

Great to see Henry back in the Premier League. I love this guy.

I really think Arsenal should have bought rather than loaned, especially if Harry Redknapp is right in saying that Demba Ba's release clause is under 7 million.

Although if Demba Ba wanted first team football his best bets would be Liverpool or Tottenham.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 9 2012, 9:40 PM GMT

It was only against second division Leeds.

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney insists he did not wave an imaginary red card to help get Manchester City's Vincent Kompany sent off.

Really? SO WHAT FUCKING RIGHT HAS HE GOT TALKING TO THE REF ABOUT IT ANYWAY.

I thought they were clamping down on harrassing the officials.