The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 288

If FIFA want an indication of how much trust footballing nations have in the governing body, they should look at the Team GB fiasco. Despite assurances that England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will not lose their identity no-one believes they will keep to their word. It's such a shame - just once every four years it would be great to see them playing together and as it's a combination team you wouldn't have quite the expectancy we have at major championships.

I don't blame players such as Bale wanting to be part of it as it might be his only chance to play at a big tournament.

It doesn't make sense really. It's not like any of our teams are great individually. It's just they don't like the influence we have in World Football having 4 representatives. I really don't understand why they should be there anyway. Each position should be voted in on their strengths.

Anyone care about the OM Arsenal match tonight?

OM could pull a win if they get their finger out and Gignac hasn't eaten too many pies, the fat French c**t.

After the Chelsea game Barse must be favourites, but the OM keeper's much better than Szczesny and OM have plenty of pace and accuracy up front.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 1 2011, 7:19 PM GMT

Anyone care about the OM Arsenal match tonight?

OM could pull a win if they get their finger out and Gignac hasn't eaten too many pies, the fat French c**t.

After the Chelsea game Barse must be favourites, but the OM keeper's much better than Szczesny and OM have plenty of pace and accuracy up front.

Me. Will be an embarrassement if we don't get through but starting to wonder if it would be better to have a season where we can concentrate on the league. Too many players who've never actually experienced the results that the club's reputation is built on, doesn't bode well for them feeling at home and part of the history and therefore staying long enough to achieve anything.

Final, final, final confirmation that the World's gone f**king mad !

The BBC is faced with massive cuts and . . . http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2055625/Alan-Hansen-paid-40-000-Match-Day.html

Angry

If it's true of course . . . .

That is crazy. Hansen could be replaced by the old Captain Scarlet puppet for a total expenditure of 50p. Plus his punditry would improve.

Alan Hansen
Captain Scarlet

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 3 2011, 2:28 AM GMT

That is crazy. Hansen could be replaced by the old Captain Scarlet puppet for a total expenditure of 50p. Plus his punditry would improve.

Alan Hansen
Captain Scarlet

Bonus dodgy joke: Hansen was a captain (of Liverpool) and has a big scar on his forehead.....making him Captain Scar.

2nd place for us c**ts. Love it.

Quote: Tuumble @ October 29 2011, 4:19 PM GMT

Man U at home to a crap team - what a surprise..

I love it when we're the underdogs..

Bye bye United.. Wave

5-0 to the Wanderers

Up yours Stoke!!

:)

Quote: Peter Brouhaha @ November 3 2011, 5:22 PM GMT

Bonus dodgy joke: Hansen was a captain (of Liverpool) and has a big scar on his forehead.....making him Captain Scar.

I used to see Hansen all the time when I was a kid, because his daughter went to a school that was across the road from my school, and he would often pick her up to drive her home. The scar on his forehead is really a brownish colour. It never appears to be brown on T.V., because of the make-up they put on him.

Scotch puff

Quote: lofthouse @ November 6 2011, 5:52 PM GMT

5-0 to the Wanderers

Up yours Stoke!!

At last, great day to be a Bolton fan.

Frank Lampard: "We've always had our moments in football, me included, but he has a very strong character. When he plays on Tuesday - or in the future - you will still see the same John Terry."

Oh joy! I'm sure women, ex-colleagues and ethnic minorities alike will be delighted by that news...

Quote: lofthouse @ November 6 2011, 5:52 PM GMT

5-0 to the Wanderers

Up yours Stoke!!

And beaten this week by my belovered QPR :D