The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 292

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 12 2011, 12:00 PM GMT

Thought you turned over Bolton nicely. You a Brummie then Gerry - thought you were Irish for some reason. I used to live in the West Mids.

I am from Birmingham unfortunately, where voice recognition software remains a myth. The Bolton result did surprise me, they played us off the pitch at Villa Park earlier in the season (Carling Cup).

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 12 2011, 11:31 AM GMT

No Arsenal fans on here then.

Wave

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ December 12 2011, 11:46 AM GMT

I have to watch 11 defenders play for a point under Alex McLeish. Sick

Is that where the points are hidden?

Not sure who I want to win tonight. I want Chelsea to catch up obviously but I also want City to extend their lead over the scum.

Quote: Chappers @ December 12 2011, 1:14 PM GMT

Is that where the points are hidden?

:)

I'm a semi-ABU myself, I'll be cheering on Man City tonight.

Well, that was nice...

Oh well - I'm pleased but they've still got a 2 point lead.

Yet another game blighted with dodgy looking refereeing. The FA have a real problem that needs more than just wave after wave of ineffectual Stalinist gagging orders against coaches. They have money, they need to spend some on resolving this never ending problem. As many coaches say, they have to at least look at having a video referal system and/or a TV referee with overall power. There's a lot they can learn from sports like cricket and rugby who have gone over to TV refereeing in some measure, very successfully.

Why are the chiefs of our biggest sport so dead against this??? The refs are making mistakes that ten year olds can spot on TV, the pace of the modern game is clearly beyond them to keep up with and judge accurately, even when they're being truly unbiased. The FA are being stubborn and intransigent beyond belief, in trying to stop TV refereeing. Or FIFA or EUFA are, the increasingly authoritarian England haters we, for some bizare reason have to answer to.

Come on. Where would football be without referees making mistakes and controversy? You'll get the best team winning everything.

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 2 2011, 5:54 PM GMT

EURO 2012 Draw

Group A
Poland
Greece
Russia
Czech Republic

'A right old commies meet up'

Group B
Netherlands
Denmark
Germany
Portugal

'Ronaldo's crying causes rare floods in Iberia'

Group C
Spain
Italy
Rep Of Ireland
Croatia

'chest crosses and Popery aplenty'

Group D
Ukraine
Sweden
France
England

'Can England survive another Group of Life?

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ December 12 2011, 11:46 AM GMT

Tim Walker's a Gooner I believe, the lucky swine. I'm incredibly jealous of Arsenal fans, who get to see beautiful goals/football each week, while I have to watch 11 defenders play for a point under Alex McLeish. Sick

Some great flair players have passed through your team, unfortunately the chairman doesn't seem able to keep them. Shame.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 12 2011, 11:31 AM GMT

No Arsenal fans on here then. That Van Persie shot off the volley was amazing. Goal of the season right there.

Chelsea are going to be tucked up nicely tonight I'll wager.

Are you an Arsenal fan then Godot? It wss a quality goal, I quite agree.

I've got a soft spot for Arsenal, OM and Wolves. I hate united and the reds as a matter of course.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ December 13 2011, 5:21 PM GMT

Some great flair players have passed through your team, unfortunately the chairman doesn't seem able to keep them. Shame.

It's not all bad, we've managed to keep hold of Heskey Sick

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 14 2011, 3:26 PM GMT

I've got a soft spot for Arsenal, OM and Wolves. I hate united and the reds as a matter of course.

Why Marseille? (Or is it 'Oldham mother-f**ker')

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ December 12 2011, 12:19 PM GMT

I am from Birmingham unfortunately, where voice recognition software remains a myth.

Laughing out loud

Re: OM - you've got to have a foreign team to root for haven't you and it makes a change from Inter or Barce or whatever and at the time they were playing really well.

They're still a good team and Mandanda's a great keeper and the midfield is above average. They're only mid table in the Ligue1 but they're still in the Champion's league.

Oi ! Chappers ! Seen this ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16230934.stm

"puts tin hat on"

2 points dropped today against Swansea, rubbish.