The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 284

What a shit game :(

At least we qualified this time...

Watching Spain v Scotland. Looks like it's all over for the Scots.

Why is Rooney such a twat? And that's not just anti-scum. I do actually respect Ashley Young because he really seems to enjoy his football. I would too if I was earning over £50,000 a week.

Quote: Chappers @ October 12 2011, 12:45 AM BST

Why is Rooney such a twat?

I see Rooney is lodging an appeal in writing.

Hope the crayons hold out.

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 12 2011, 12:52 AM BST

I see Rooney is lodging an appeal in writing.

Hope the crayons hold out.

I was planning a sketch along those lines for Newsjack but fear I'm too late.

Rooney banned for three games.

I wouldn't take him in the squad. What's the point?

Quote: bigfella @ October 13 2011, 5:46 PM BST

Rooney banned for three games.

I wouldn't take him in the squad. What's the point?

To have one of the worlds best players in the squad to use if England get far enough.

Capello isn't blameless either, he plays him when he might not be in the best frame of mind and the worst thing happens.

Quote: Chappers @ October 12 2011, 12:45 AM BST

I do actually respect Ashley Young because he really seems to enjoy his football. I would too if I was earning over £50,000 a week.

I agree.

Back in the late 90s every commentator at every game Dwight Yorke played in would tell us 'just look how happy he is to be playing football. He's always smiling'.

It's so rare these days.

We're always told that Rooney would be out playing football on the streets with kids if he was allowed.

Bow-locks.

If he wasn't playing football we all know where he would be.

Quote: Jamey @ October 14 2011, 2:41 AM BST

To have one of the worlds best players in the squad to use if England get far enough.

one of the worlds best players? did you see Rooney in the last World Cup? SHIT

he's very good at club level - not on the international stage

same with Gerrard and Lampard and loads of other , so called, world class english players

plus he's a dick!

Add Ronaldo and Messi to the list of world class players who are shit internationally.

I'd rather have Rooney playing shit internationally than say, Andy Carrol because Rooney has enough individual skill to score or create a goal from a moment of brilliance, and that is what makes him the best sriker for england.

Also Rooney isn't crap for England! He's had his off games and didn't turn up at all at the last world cup but neither did several others. In 2004 he was playing great till he got injured in the QF. He's been our best player in most qualifying stages but come the finals he's had terrible luck, and thanks to Eufa it's continuing.

Quote: lofthouse @ October 15 2011, 1:36 PM BST

one of the worlds best players? did you see Rooney in the last World Cup? SHIT

he's very good at club level - not on the international stage

same with Gerrard and Lampard and loads of other , so called, world class english players

Er, Lofty you've just named the three best England players of the last ten years. Eh? >_<

yes

and none of them are world class

just very good players

big difference

anyway , who gives a shit, the mighty Bolton crushed Wigan today

COME ON YOOOOOOOO WHIIIIIIIITESS!!!!