The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 280

Sounded like a good game between Forest & Newcastle

Quote: Jamey @ September 19 2011, 12:30 PM BST

Penalty + stick on red card easy, filthy.

Not that I give a shit but I read that the ball went dead before the tackle so no penalty.

Apparently the referee is likely to be disciplined by the FA 'You Must Award Penalties To Red Noses' Team Committee.'

Blue Square Conference for him for the rest of the season.

I doubt a footballer can lundge in trying to break other players legs so long as the ball is out of play. What rules are in place to stop this happening?

Quote: Jamey @ September 21 2011, 10:08 AM BST

I doubt a footballer can lundge in trying to break other players legs so long as the ball is out of play. What rules are in place to stop this happening?

It's quite OK if it's on a Manchester United player - to reverse what's happened in the past with players like C**tona, Keane and Scholes.

Quote: Jamey @ September 21 2011, 10:08 AM BST

Well he could still have got a red card if the foul was bad enough....which it wasn't really. A referee can give a player a red card if he's sworn at by a player in the car park after the match.

Quote: GGdown @ September 21 2011, 10:42 PM BST

Well he could still have got a red card if the foul was bad enough....which it wasn't really. A referee can give a player a red card if he's sworn at by a player in the car park after the match.

Two feet of the ground tackle on the high shin, but the ref wasnt in a gret position to be honest

Quote: GGdown @ September 21 2011, 10:42 PM BST

He wouldn't actually show him a red card. He could send in a report though.
Signed an ex-referee who has had to do something similar.

The Cole 'tackle' on Hernandez isn't even a yellow - he was trying to block the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyog_Uxy92g&feature=related

Ashley Cole is the only man between the ball and the goal. He thinks Hernandez is going to blast it towards the goal so he throws himself in there - he even turns his face away, which is due to the natural reaction when you think going to be hit by something (at speed) and the fact that he's a defender and he's following the ball.

He doesn't even go through him with the strongest part of the foot or even the studs which you would in a tackle BECAUSE IT'S NOT A TACKLE!

It's not a red and it's not a penalty either. And at no point is he deliberately trying to target Hernandez's leg like this tackle on an unnamed Premier League footballer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNugWnNjwwg&feature=related

Just a cheating little Mexican!

Barton claimed Arsenal nearly signed him.

After he attacked Gervinho which destroyed any chance of that happening he said "things happen for a reason!"

The reason being that he's a stupid twat!

Good win today. :)

Oh, and Sky Sports is free this weekend. Found this out too late to watch the game at dinnertime, but bring on tomorrow! :D

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 24 2011, 9:40 PM BST

Good win today. :)

Oh, and Sky Sports is free this weekend. Found this out too late to watch the game at dinnertime, but bring on tomorrow! :D

Yeah!

Recorded the Speedway tonight.

Game of the day is Chelsea v Swansea on Sky Sports 2 now, I wonder what's next?

Cristiano ronaldo was booed during a game. He says it's because hes amazing at football and hes attractive so people are jealous. Personally, I think they booed him because he's a smug bollock

Quote: Snork @ September 24 2011, 9:50 PM BST

Cristiano ronaldo was booed during a game. He says it's because hes amazing at football and hes attractive so people are jealous. Personally, I think they booed him because he's a smug bollock

Who booed him? Just everyone? He is an extremely unattractive man and being a smug bollock doesn't help