A bit about you Page 5

I've achieved nothing but a £15 cheque from NewsRevue, a nearly but not quite email from Radio 4 and some free Diet Coke from Myspace. But, y'know, I try not to worry.

Didn't you work with the great Bussell?

ROARS with laughter at "Just sign the option form and we'll give you the details later." :D

Quote: sootyj @ July 15 2009, 1:04 PM BST

Past tense? I STILL work with Bussell.

I've also sat on his toilet.

Quote: sootyj @ July 15 2009, 1:04 PM BST

It's very much in the present. You'll see. YOU'LL ALL SEE!

Quote: hey_nonny @ July 15 2009, 10:37 AM BST

YOU TWAT!

Sorry just had to add that.
My wifes uncle works in advertising, used to work for Coca-Cola in Berlin, I know from him that ad men can't open their front doors because of the piles of cash blocking them.
Sorry got to do it again.
You twat!
(nothing personal)

Quite!
Still get the odd hilariously overpaid freelance job - buy they're pretty thin on the ground these days.
Twat indeed.
Happy twat, though.

Quote: Ben @ July 15 2009, 1:06 PM BST

Past tense? I STILL work with Bussell.

I've also sat on his toilet.

Is he still calling it that?

Quote: The Giggle-o @ July 15 2009, 12:23 AM BST

Wow that's amazing! There I was labouring under the false belief that 118 118 was a Directory Enquiries Service For Business and Residential Telephone Numbers. Silly, silly me.

No, you are not silly. 118 118 is in fact a Directory Enquiries Service For Business and Residential Telephone Numbers. It is ALSO the unique Inmate Number of a category 'A' prisoner in high-security, Whitemoor Prison. It's merely a coincidence. 118 118 is also the serial number of my maiden aunt's handgun. You see, 118 118 is not a unique number in itself, neither is it copyright. Ponder these book titles I'm working on at the moment:

Wuthering One-One-Eights

Catch 118 118

Zen And The Art Of 118 118 Maintenance

Quote: Little Jersey Devil @ July 15 2009, 12:27 PM BST

His sister would be gutted if she heard you say that.

:D

Quote: Marc P @ July 15 2009, 8:38 AM BST

Well you just did!
:D

Damn you, Marc. I've failed already :(

Quote: WhatAmIDoing @ July 15 2009, 7:50 PM BST

Damn you, Marc. I've failed already :(

Remember failure is simply not succeding enough!

Quote: Marc P @ July 15 2009, 10:19 PM BST

Remember failure is simply not succeding enough!

Ahh, I like it! I shall keep this in mind.

Only birds succeed, as my pessimistic parents used to say.

I've written comedy scripts, a sitcom and movie but prefer writing dramas, action etc. I've always loved writing since school, I created my own school magazine in school and wrote a couple of short stories. A couple of years ago I sent off one of my stories to a few agents but after rejection after rejection, a year later I discovered scriptwriting and found that I enjoyed it more than any other type of writing I had tried. My first properly written sctipt made it to the semis of a writing competition and I've written a few movie and drama scripts since. I'm at uni right now doing my BA, I did a writing course earlier this year taught by Graham Lester George who has had scripts prodced and used to write episodes for Doctors. My goal is to make it as a Hollywood scriptwriter for film and television.