A bit about you Page 4

I have written poems, song lyrics and cartoon captions, etc, since I was seven. I'm now ten (mental age) so that's three years. It's actually more than forty years so I guess I haven't learnt much. The most money I have had from comedy is as part of The JunkMales when we won £500 from 4laughs (Channel 4 web site now defunkt) I did earn 'as much money as my day job' for a year playing music in a band at weekends, which was probably the best year of my life (save for wives and kids and family stuff) but it wasn't comedy although there were a lot of gags on stage (and off!)

I am probably/possibly not mercenary enough to make it, and I think you need to be, or very lucky, or know the right people. Or look good. Or sleep with The Producer, or whatever it takes to make it. Including, maybe, talent too?

I have a cartoon I drew that I think sums it up for many writers, I will try and post it in this thread BUT I'm not sure how???

Any advice on where to stick it? :)

Writing comedy has brought me untold riches (suck on my rocket-powered mecha panther, yo!), allowed me to indulge my wildest extravagances (a tattoo of my face on my own face!) and brought me women enough to make Caligula say, "Damn, son, that dude be tapping some ass!"

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 15 2009, 10:17 AM BST

Any advice on where to stick it? :)

..... resists.

Stick it up on your facebook site if you have one, then get the location and paste it up here

Quote: David Bussell @ July 15 2009, 10:23 AM BST

Writing comedy has brought me untold riches (suck on my rocket-powered mecha panther, yo!), allowed me to indulge my wildest extravagances (a tattoo of my face on my own face!) and brought me women enough to make Caligula say, "Damn, son, that dude be tapping some ass!"

Caligula was "light in the loafers"

Quote: Lazzard @ July 14 2009, 5:53 PM BST

I used to make a fortune writing.
Trouble was it was adverts.

So I jacked it in to try this.

WHAT a twat.

YOU TWAT!

Sorry just had to add that.
My wifes uncle works in advertising, used to work for Coca-Cola in Berlin, I know from him that ad men can't open their front doors because of the piles of cash blocking them.
Sorry got to do it again.
You twat!
(nothing personal)

Quote: sootyj @ July 15 2009, 10:34 AM BST

How dare you impugn the good name of Caligula!

I have written and animated sketches for a few years, failed in many, many, many competitions. I have never spoken to anyone from a production company. I'm snubbing them.

I have a tattoo of the back of my head on the front of my face, so that producers don't know whether I'm coming or going. SNEAK ATTACK!

Quote: David Bussell @ July 15 2009, 11:01 AM BST

How dare you impugn the good name of Caligula!

What's wrong with Being the Crazy World of Arthur Brown?

You sir are a bigot.

Quote: sootyj @ July 15 2009, 10:34 AM BST

His sister would be gutted if she heard you say that.

Quote: Marc P @ July 15 2009, 10:31 AM BST

..... resists.

Stick it up on your facebook site if you have one, then get the location and paste it up here

Well, I'll try...

Hey, it's come up a bit small... Whistling nnocently

Lifelong prob.. :(

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 15 2009, 12:34 PM BST

Well, I'll try...

Hey, it's come up a bit small... Whistling nnocently

Lifelong prob.. :(

That looks like Pacman raping Qbert.

Nil: Wow, m8 thanks!!! *stands back in awe*

It may be a crap cartoon, but now at least it's big enough so you can SEE properly that it's crap!

Fx

Quote: sootyj @ July 15 2009, 12:41 PM BST

You could only see that if you'd done it! Gotcha!

Quote: sootyj @ July 15 2009, 12:41 PM BST

LOL.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 15 2009, 12:42 PM BST

Nil: Wow, m8 thanks!!!

No worries.