Peep Show - Series 6 Page 26

Some one (any one?) may remember that I predicted the ending to last years series of Peep Show with Sophie being pregnant but I was a little surprised they revealed who the father was in the second episode. So I'm gonna make a prediction about the end of this year's series and if I'm right Dolly can give me the Russian dame's phone number.

I think Sophie could be lying about Mark being the father because she wants to get back with him and maybe when the baby is born it will be black therefore not Mark's but actually Johnson's.

It would be a little weird if I'm right again though. Huh?

Maybe she isn't pregnant?

Quote: sootyj @ September 27 2009, 9:23 AM BST

Maybe she isn't pregnant?

Perhaps something will go wrong with the birth.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 27 2009, 10:27 AM BST

Perhaps something will go wrong with the birth.

That maybe to dark even for Peep Show.

Or maybe she's murdered by one of those women who steal fetuses and Jez falls in love with the murderess?

Quote: johnny smith @ September 27 2009, 12:02 AM BST

I found Mark and Jez in the supermarket with Jez spotting the sexy new neighbour in the supermarket and talking about her - to be very 'Seinfeldian'.

I didn't get that at all.

Quote: sootyj @ September 27 2009, 10:28 AM BST

That maybe to dark even for Peep Show.

I don't know. If a mainstream sitcom like Only Fools and Horses can feature a miscarriage, I don't see why Peep Show couldn't.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 27 2009, 10:46 AM BST

I don't know. If a mainstream sitcom like Only Fools and Horses can feature a miscarriage, I don't see why Peep Show couldn't.

Yeh but Fools had stopped being a sitcom by then.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 27 2009, 10:46 AM BST

Because Peep Show doesn't have the same warmth and pathos as OFAH.

Actually I can see how PS could make a miscarriage uhh, not FUNNY as such but make Mark's reaction funny....a mixture of feigned concern and absolute relief. Peep Show has touched on some pretty dark stuff in the past don't forget!! Peado jokes being one of them.

Has anyone heard an explanation for why little bits are now sped up? I can't see what impact it's supposed to have...

Quote: Ben @ September 27 2009, 11:36 AM BST

Has anyone heard an explanation for why little bits are now sped up? I can't see what impact it's supposed to have...

I noticed that too, but it was more prominent in the first episode. No idea why it's been added/left in though?

I read earlier that the 'increased framerate' bits might be something to do with being filmed in HD.

Maybe they're going for the Green Wing style? We'll see if they start to slow it down too.

I really loved Friday's episode. Very funny. Bit dissapointed it's Mark's though.

I didn't notice any of that speed up thing at all. I think you're all going loopy.