Star Trek Movie!

Yeah, I'm a geek and I like Star Trek - it's more in depth than star wars I find and you have less planets to remember so it has my vote.

The new Movie is due for release no the 8th of May.

Anyone else shitting themselves with excitement?

(I'm not THAT excited but nothing much else on in the cinemas at the moment).

I love Star Trek especially the original series.
So I'm really looking forward to this, and the trailers look great.

Eeeeee! And I don't often do that.

Quote: Balf @ April 17 2009, 3:01 PM BST

Eeeeee! And I don't often do that.

As long as you don't do that whilst you're buying the ticket you'll be fine.

The new Uhura looks hot. Great that they've gone back to the mini-skirts too.

Zoe Saldana is her name, I think she was in Pirates of the Carribean briefly. Honey, indeed.

The trailer does look great even if young Kirk looks a bit '90201'.

I've been burned by great trailers in the past, so I will reserve judgement until I've read some reviews.

Quote: Balf @ April 17 2009, 4:16 PM BST

Zoe Saldana is her name,

Zooo Sultana? Isn't she on these boards? Whistling nnocently

Quote: Paul W @ April 17 2009, 2:26 PM BST

The new Movie is due for release no the 8th of May.

My birthday! I haven't seen a Star Trek movie since the one with the whales, but maybe I'll try to see this one. I think I'll be in Florida at the time.

Apparently, Pegg is quite good. And Zachary Quintro as Spock - inspired casting (hopefully).

Quote: Balf @ April 17 2009, 4:38 PM BST

And Zachary Quintro as Spock - inspired casting (hopefully).

Fortunately for Quinto, they cast him when Heroes was still a hot show, and not the tiresome twaddle it is now.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 17 2009, 4:32 PM BST

The trailer does look great even if young Kirk looks a bit '90201'.

I've been burned by great trailers in the past, so I will reserve judgement until I've read some reviews.

there are some reviews already leaking out they had an advanced screening in Canada or something like that.

It was rather well recieved apparently but this is from hardcore trekkies.

Quote: Paul W @ April 17 2009, 4:41 PM BST

there are some reviews already leaking out they had an advanced screening in Canada or something like that.

It was rather well recieved apparently but this is from hardcore trekkies.

Yep, and some Star Wars fans gave Phantom Menace the thumbs up at early screenings.

Problem is, if you take some geek from the middle of nowhere, drag him to the big city Imax, let him see an advanced screening before anyone else and let him meet the stars of the film in person afterwards, then every review is going to be glowing.

The film studios groom these boys better then Michael Jackson.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 17 2009, 4:46 PM BST

Yep, and some Star Wars fans gave Phantom Menace the thumbs up at early screenings.

Problem is, if you take some geek from the middle of nowhere, drag him to the big city Imax, let him see an advanced screening before anyone else and let him meet the stars of the film in person afterwards, then every review is going to be glowing.

The film studios groom these boys better then Michael Jackson.

Yeah true I won't take earlier reviews word on it, but I think I will watch it even if it gets bad reviews... I tend to like a lot of movies people hate.

EG - Never Back Down, f**king love that film.

Quote: Paul W @ April 17 2009, 4:41 PM BST

They showed the full movie in Austin, Texas. A disguised Leonard Nimoy introduced it. I would have made the 75-mile drive had I known what they were planning.