Star Trek Movie! Page 4

"Live long a prosper. Oh, and f**k whales too."

Are the other Star Trek films any good? I've only seen the latest one and Star Trek IV, but I've always been tempted by 'Generations'.

Isn't there a rule? All the odd numbered ones are bad, and all even numbered ones are good?

Or is it the other way around? I haven't seen them all.

They say that the even numbered films are better, & I wouldn't disagree.

As much as I love Kirk, and Star Trek, Generations was pony.

Saw the new movie today, thought it was very good.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 9 2009, 11:56 PM BST

Isn't there a rule? All the odd numbered ones are bad, and all even numbered ones are good?

Funnily enough, I just read that that was a Spaced quote.

Even good. That's the rule, and why they stopped giving them numbers.

The one where they went back to earth (it may be Generations I don't know) to find the guy who invented the warp drive was pretty rubbish IIRC.

"It's like you're on some sort of... Star Trek." Rolling eyes Oh dear.

That one was called First Contact.
Now I need to go on Wikipedia to check whether it was even or odd

First Contact was an even numbered film.
But the new one is odd

Illogical.

Even's good, I checked.

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ May 10 2009, 12:07 AM BST

First Contact was an even numbered film.
But the new one is odd

Illogical.

Oh, so did you.

I just thought that line was really bad.

Well the rule for the Next Gen and TOS was odd bad even good.

But it seems to have reversed with Nemesis which was rank and the new one which was totally ace.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 9 2009, 11:51 PM BST

"Live long a prosper. Oh, and f**k wales too."

Angry

Yeah, as well as being into bestiality he's a racist too. Horrible bastard that Nimoy.

Watched it, it's odd, it's not a bad movie but it's not a great movie either.

The characters are obviously younger and with that younger (Immature?) attitudes but there were bits I didn't like and I can't tell you because most are spoilers.

But:

Simon Pegg as Scotty - Didn't feel right to me, he looked like a fish out of water even though he did a great performance.

Some shit Spock has going on... you'll know what I mean when you see it.

it seems a lot more gritty, normally everythings perfectly clean and pretty - Christ I need to wake up I can't even describe properly this time in the morning.

Just odd, I can't 100% put my finger on it but it's still a good movie 7 / 10 :D

Balf's review -

Scotty - Excellent, great fun.
Uhura - Yummy, also excellent.
Chekhov - Wery good.
Sulu - Kicker of much Romulan ass.
Bones - Spot on.
Spock - Angry. Amazingly so.
Kirk - Gets ass kicked. A lot.

Plot - Standard Trek, bad guy gets it into his head to destroy Federation. Enter Kirk.

Verdict - Hells yes! If you're a Trekkie, you'll love it, if you just want a fun romp, you'll love it. Lots of little nods to the originals, hot Comms officers, and that mountain looks familiar. See it see it see it!

Loved it! Top two favourite Trek films of all time for me.
The Undiscovered Country is still my favourite, its one of my favourite movies in general though.
Bones made the movie for me, everyone was good but I just could not believe how great the dude who does Bones was.
I understood to point of changing Scotty and Uhura's characters and I'm ok with it.

For those who are not going to see if because its a Trek movie I dragged a few anti-Trek friends to see it any they even liked it. One of them went to see it two more times.