Psychoville - Series 1 Page 47

I've only just noticed that Mr Jolly is also Pete in Gavin & Stacey.

Which one was Pete?

(Don't say Mr. Jolly...)

Pete Sutcliffe, who was the husband of Julia Davis' character.

Adrian Scarborough is the actor's name and he's been in loads of stuff. He was very good in Vera Drake playing her brother-in-law. :)

I haven't posted any comments on this since it finished. I was away for the final episodes and I didn't have my computer with me.

This series was without doubt the comedy high spot of the year so far.
With all these shows, where you are following characters stories obviously some aspects appeal more than others.

For me Robert was the weakest link – it started well, but went rapidly downhill. I just didn't seem to care what happen to him. As others have said the acting was pretty ropy and that might have been why. It's a shame that he seems to be the focus for a new series.

The story with Joy didn't grab me either, although unlike Robert this grew through out the series.

Now the highlights.

Jelly developed brilliantly thoughout the series and by the end you were really routing for him. The scene in the loo in the final episode was first class.

Lomax was pure class. For me the two seconds of him squeezing the ketchup over the curtains was the highlight of of the whole series. We actually had to pause the Sky because my daughter and myself couldn't stop laughing.

David clearly stole the show though. A killer that you felt sorry for. His singing in the final episode! One for Simon Cowell I think. But so sad, in a thoughtful way. Hope he makes a return.

Any news on a second series?

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 9 2009, 8:20 PM BST

Pete Sutcliffe, who was the husband of Julia Davis' character.

Adrian Scarborough is the actor's name and he's been in loads of stuff. He was very good in Vera Drake playing her brother-in-law. :)

Oh wow! He looks so different.

First Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle and now Psychoville. Why are the BBC suddenly spoiling the comedy snobs?

Never fear, Ben, Life Of Riley will be back on screen soon enough.

*Puts his hand on Tim's shoulder and breathes a heavy sigh of relief*

:D

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 9 2009, 8:20 PM BST

He was very good in Vera Drake playing her brother-in-law. :)

Vera Drake is brilliant. :)

Insomnia again, Dolly?

Quote: Ben @ August 10 2009, 1:35 AM BST

Insomnia again, Dolly?

Nah, just a late night. :)

Why are you up?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 10 2009, 1:37 AM BST

Nah, just a late night. :)

Why are you up?

Please avoid going off-topic in this forum.

(No work tomorrow!)

Quote: Ben @ August 10 2009, 1:38 AM BST

Please avoid going off-topic in this forum.

(No work tomorrow!)

Wohooo!

(Like Pyschoville) Huh?

Has anyone else noticed, on the Psychoville DVD commentaries, Reece/Steve are very clearly heard, but, Matt Lipsey is barely audible?