Shooting Stars is Back in the Autumn Page 2

Great news, as others have said, I'd rather they came back with another show in the style of Smells Of and maybe even Catterick, but more Vic and Bob in any form is brilliant news. :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 3 2009, 11:42 AM BST

Well yeah, but that's not the same thing as a show not working. Catterick was post Shooting Stars, as was Bang Bang, and both worked very well indeed for me.

I didn't say the shows hadn't worked, just 'not worked for them'. Different thing. Their careers have been somewhat becalmed and they haven't had the success that they wanted. Otherwise they wouldn't now be doing the umpteenth series of Shooting Stars. Ideally Catterick and Bang Bang would have had the same success but for some reason didn't 'click' with the public in the same way. Hence Vic started ramming his Jag into people's cars and doing reality telly and quiz spots... He's *far* better than that. And I like his suits. :D

Quote: Maurice Minor @ April 3 2009, 11:49 AM BST

'not worked for them'

Well in a commercial sense, yeah.

Catterick was their best thing, in my opinion. That was really good.

To be fair, I never got Bang, Bang, The Smell Of..., Big Night Out. I always found them funnier without scripts (on chat shows and stuff like that). Shooting Stars I can take or leave, to be honest.

Dan

Quote: zooo @ April 3 2009, 11:28 AM BST

We've already established on the Stewart Lee thread that you have no sense of humour. ;)

:P That just proves I'm the only sane one.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 3 2009, 11:37 AM BST

Catterick was the best thing they've ever done, in my opinion. Which is of course incorrect! :D

Correct.

Huzzah for Shooting Stars! Great news.

Let's just hope the guests are good. That gardening woman on the New Year special was a waste of space.

Quality news :)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 3 2009, 11:13 AM BST

Big Night Out? The Smell Of? Bang Bang? Catterick? Plenty has worked!

Errr

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 3 2009, 12:16 PM BST

Correct.

:)

Quote: Sean Prower @ April 3 2009, 12:26 PM BST

That gardening woman on the New Year special was a waste of space.

Adam Sandler is scared of her.

Quote: Aaron @ April 3 2009, 3:43 PM BST

Errr

That's right! It was brilliant!

We've already established that you're wrong 90% of the time, Matthew. Let it drop.

Anyway. Autumn. Gives me 5 months to watch the existing 48 episodes.

Quote: Aaron @ April 3 2009, 5:44 PM BST

Anyway. Autumn. Gives me 5 months to watch the existing 48 episodes.

Actually, it is 54 (going on 60).

So it is. Should have checked my own catalogue. The other 53 then.

53 episodes of....? Shooting Stars?

Yes.