Shooting Stars is Back in the Autumn

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7980747.stm

(Confirmed by 'Twitter' naturally... Laughing out loud Whatever would we do without *that*...)

Heh. Yes, I just read this too!

Very exciting news.

Good news I suppose. Much rather they did something else though.

Nothing else has really worked for them though has it? They can't do it forever though; they'll be too old before long. I imagine this is more an exercise in putting themselves back in the spotlight to maybe get a few more projects under way.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 3 2009, 11:03 AM BST

Good news I suppose. Much rather they did something else though.

Agreed. The Christmas special was just them going through the paces for me.

Sounds like something to look forward to... hopefully.

Quote: Maurice Minor @ April 3 2009, 11:05 AM BST

Nothing else has really worked for them though has it?

Big Night Out? The Smell Of? Bang Bang? Catterick? Plenty has worked! I'd just prefer one of their proper shows again, rather than warming up this spoof quiz; even though I do really like it. If they were to do this and something more substantial, then that would be fantastic.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 3 2009, 11:13 AM BST

Big Night Out? The Smell Of? Bang Bang? Catterick? Plenty has worked!

Well said!

Obviously I would waaaaaaay prefer another Smell Of or Bang Bang, but I love Shooting Stars and really enjoyed the Christmas special so I'm very pleased with this.
Certainly about a million times better than not having them on TV at all.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 3 2009, 11:13 AM BST

Big Night Out? The Smell Of? Bang Bang? Catterick? Plenty has worked!

Catterick was shit.

We've already established on the Stewart Lee thread that you have no sense of humour. ;)

Catterick was very niche though, I agree. Not for everyone. At. All.

(I liked it though) :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 3 2009, 11:27 AM BST

Catterick was shit.

Catterick was the best thing they've ever done, in my opinion. Which is of course correct! :D

Quote: zooo @ April 3 2009, 11:26 AM BST

Well said!

Obviously I would waaaaaaay prefer another Smell Of or Bang Bang, but I love Shooting Stars and really enjoyed the Christmas special so I'm very pleased with this.
Certainly about a million times better than not having them on TV at all.

Agreed, it's just nice that they're going to actually be on telly being funny together again.

They've done a lot of good things pre- and post-Shooting Stars, but little of the stuff done after has run and run. Shooting Stars ran for 9 years. Nothing they have done since has gained an audience or a following like that did. It was that show that really enabled them to do other projects - projects which have since ended.

Quote: Maurice Minor @ April 3 2009, 11:40 AM BST

Nothing they have done since has gained an audience or a following like that did.

Well yeah, but that's not the same thing as a show not working. Catterick was post Shooting Stars, as was Bang Bang, and both worked very well indeed for me.

Fantastic news. The Christmas spesh was just like the old days. Brilliant.