BBC College of Comedy 2 Page 18

Thanks, I'm still hoping someone from here actually got in though - who's keeping quiet?

:)

Well done Jane. :)
That is a great little sitcom you have there.
(did you get my email?)

I'm kind of disillusioned at the moment that I didn't even get in the top 30 nearlies and that the "sitcom that I believe in" with really memorable characters and original setting didn't make its intended dent in the elusive metal shell that is the Beeb.

Strange how, on the other hand, my "normal family radio sitcom" which I don't feel is as special and as original has gathered interest enough from a prodco to soon be pitched to Radio 4.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ May 11 2009, 7:44 PM BST

Well done Jane. :)
That is a great little sitcom you have there.
(did you get my email?)

I'm kind of disillusioned at the moment that I didn't even get in the top 30 nearlies and that the "sitcom that I believe in" with really memorable characters and original setting didn't make its intended dent in the elusive metal shell that is the Beeb.

Strange how, on the other hand, my "normal family radio sitcom" which I don't feel is as special and as original has gathered interest enough from a prodco to soon be pitched to Radio 4.

Of course I did - I'm just about to reply. I've been busy with work and watching Paul Merton and reading my emails from the BBC ;)

Don't get too disillusioned - you're already in with a prodco! I think it's quite normal for writers to have success with something they're less keen on while their favourite pieces are overlooked.

Jx

Thanks Jane. :)

Sooooooo glad your sitcom got that attention. :)

Got our email from Micheal today saying that we didn't make it. It's annoying but I think it's going to be an inspiring factor. To get this close and not quite make it shows that we're on the right track. Gutted but really glad that Micheal told us. Bring on Edinburgh and Comedy College 2010!!!

Well done for getting close, Ladma boys :)

Thank you very much Dr! I know I still need to email you back but things have been mighty manic at the moment. I'll certainly do it before one of us dies.

Quote: Ladma @ May 11 2009, 8:52 PM BST

Got our email from Micheal today saying that we didn't make it. It's annoying but I think it's going to be an inspiring factor. To get this close and not quite make it shows that we're on the right track. Gutted but really glad that Micheal told us. Bring on Edinburgh and Comedy College 2010!!!

Congratulation guys, 2009 might just be your year. :)

Well, I got a 'nearly' email this morning, so I'm rather chuffed. OK, would have been nicer to get in, but it's certainly encouraging (not least about developing the work a bit), especially given that I didn't get anywhere near close last year (no consolation email that time!).

Well done Antrax - and I'm glad I'm not the only one who still says chuffed!

And to Ladma - what are you up to in Edinburgh? I'll look out for you.

Jx

Well done Jane and Antrax.

We're taking our second full live show up to Edinburgh. It's a bit different to what we've done before but should be fun. It's daunting because it's new but exciting at the same time.

I take it you're usually up there for the festival? Performing or watching?

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ May 11 2009, 7:44 PM BST

Not strange really Mikey. The interest gathered isn't the same thing as this. Yet.

Quote: Antrax @ May 11 2009, 9:46 PM BST

Well, I got a 'nearly' email this morning, so I'm rather chuffed. OK, would have been nicer to get in, but it's certainly encouraging (not least about developing the work a bit), especially given that I didn't get anywhere near close last year (no consolation email that time!).

Good work! I didn't even bother entering this year. Now THAT'S ambition for you.

Not strange really Mikey. The interest gathered isn't the same thing as this. Yet.

Yeah, I suppose. I'll pick myself up. Just feeling a bit down.

The exciting thing is, I suppose, is that the writers who did make it through must be exceptional.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ May 12 2009, 1:15 AM BST

Yeah, I suppose. I'll pick myself up. Just feeling a bit down.

The exciting thing is, I suppose, is that the writers who did make it through must be exceptional.

Mikey, I hate the word 'rejection', I prefer 'not chosen' as you may well have been a credible candidate but they can only choose 12 for interview and 30 in total for acknowledgement. That's out of 677 people of which there would have been the top new talent in this country applying.

To feel down about not being in those numbers might be being harsh on yourself.

It's a great opportunity but not the only one. You can make your own with your scripts. I wasn't chosen with some of the same sketches that I am meeting a production company about this week.