BBC College of Comedy 2 Page 20

Quote: Antrax @ May 14 2009, 1:49 PM BST

Which is, I imagine, why it took longer to arrive -

Still going on about that are you?!

Quote: Antrax @ May 14 2009, 1:49 PM BST

mine had none at all!

Why would yours have no feedback but MikeyJs have some?

Quote: Griff @ May 14 2009, 1:47 PM BST

Two words: Lab Rats.

What does that have to do with anything?!

I liked Lab Rats. Can I be Michael's new friend?

I think people had far more realistic expectations about the scheme this year.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ May 14 2009, 1:59 PM BST

I think people had far more realistic expectations about the scheme this year.

What? It's a bit shit and the writers on it are lamoids? Just joshing! It's something we'd all give our right testicle to be part of. :)

Quote: chipolata @ May 14 2009, 2:04 PM BST

It's something we'd all give our right testicle to be part of. :)

Well, I'd give your right testicle to be a part of it.

Well, there wasn't as many people giving up their job and booking train tickets to interviews this time, convinced they'd get a place.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ May 14 2009, 2:06 PM BST

Well, there wasn't as many people giving up their job and booking train tickets to interviews this time, convinced they'd get a place.

Except Mikey.

Quote: chipolata @ May 14 2009, 2:07 PM BST

Except Mikey.

:D

I think the Drama Academy was similar in its first year, and there was tremendous activity around the Last Laugh, which I'm sure would have diminished had it happened again. It feels just as full-on this end, although I'm glad not to have had to deal with some of the irritation and demands for justification that were flying around last time. Though it was fun in a way.

It was bigger for me this year as I actually had some credits to enter with. But I always knew it would be a long shot as so many people, with credits, were going to enter. This isn't open-door in that sense, you have to of had a credit so the competition was always going to be very tough.

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ May 14 2009, 2:15 PM BST

It feels just as full-on this end, although I'm glad not to have had to deal with some of the irritation and demands for justification that were flying around last time. Though it was fun in a way.

Don't worry, Michael, I'll pop over to your Writersroom blog later and unleash hell. ;)

I just entered in the hope that one day in the future, one of the people involved would see my name again on something and think, "Hmmm, that guy wasn't shit."

Yes, I know I'm crap at networking.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2009, 1:52 PM BST

Still going on about that are you?!

Not really - I was meaning something slightly different. Rather than the email taking it's time in cyberspace (which was my previous suggestion), having to compose a specific response, rather than a form letter, would take more time.

Why would yours have no feedback but MikeyJs have some?

One thought is that Mikey's mentioned the originality of his idea, maybe it's suggestions of a few tweaks? Tweaks that it wasn't felt the other entries needed. Maybe it was felt it was a promising script that needed a bit of work and deserved encouragment, whereas others were viewed as more or less done - just not the absolute best entries there were.

Except Mikey.

lol :P I actually work from home, self employed, so I can give myself days off at a drop of a hat. :P
MEMO: Must buy myself a hat to drop. :)

Oh, I'd booked more that just the train ticket.
I'd bought a house next to BBC TV Centre AND had booked myself the Friday night 9:30pm slot for my sitcom to fit into.

...just on the off-chance. :P