BBC College of Comedy 2 Page 19

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ May 12 2009, 1:15 AM BST

the writers who did make it through must be exceptional.

Well it depends doesn't it; it all comes down to personal taste at the end of the day, or wanting a range of writers, rather than six who all do more or less the same thing. Even the very best get knocked back and ignored more often than not.

It's true, we do.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ May 12 2009, 1:15 AM BST

The exciting thing is, I suppose, is that the writers who did make it through must be exceptional.

I'd wait to see a sample of their work before getting down on your knees and fellating them. :)

Cheer up Mikey.

My first sketch I got on BBC radio was for Play & Record. It was word-for-word the same as I sent to the BBC's Sketch Factor competition a year earlier, which didn't even get me a rejection email!

As I think Dave Cohen said somewhere around these parts, 'No' means 'Not what you've written today, thank you' and not 'No, and leave us alone!'

Keep going, mate.

Dan

Well done to everyone who got in the 'nearlies'.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Turns out I was a bit premature. (the girlfriend was right :P )

I got a "nearlie" email this morning, with some very good feedback.
DOHHHHH! Now I feel a right prat for my "downness" yesterday.

It's like being punched to the ground and then the puncher holding out a hand to pick you up again. It's nice... but would have been better not have been punched at all.

:)

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ May 12 2009, 12:04 PM BST

I got a "nearlie" email this morning, with some very good feedback.

I thought Jacob said he'd already replied to all those that would hear anything?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 12 2009, 12:58 PM BST

I thought Jacob said he'd already replied to all those that would hear anything?

He's like a politician - never believe a word he says. And I dread to think what his expense account looks like. ;)

Quote: chipolata @ May 12 2009, 1:16 PM BST

He's like a politician - never believe a word he says. And I dread to think what his expense account looks like. ;)

What, Jacob or Mikey?

Sometimes emails take time to arrive. Y'know.

Quote: Antrax @ May 12 2009, 4:30 PM BST

Sometimes emails take time to arrive. Y'know.

Maybe I do, maybe I don't.

Quote: Antrax @ May 12 2009, 4:30 PM BST

What, Jacob or Mikey?

You're assuming there's a difference. I've never seen them in the same place at the same time. ;)

ooh, a conspiracy. :)
No, we're not the same person, even though there's the Mikey J similarity. :P

The feedback in the email helped greatly though. :)

Anybody else surprised at how little excitement or interest the College of Comedy has generated this year? Last year it seemed such a huge thing, the be all and end all of every writers existence, this year it seems to have come and gone with barely a ripple. Very little internet chat about it, or much angst about not getting in.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ May 12 2009, 5:43 PM BST

The feedback in the email helped greatly though. :)

Which is, I imagine, why it took longer to arrive - mine had none at all!