Peep Show - Series 4 Page 6

I believe she isn't known as Jessica Stevenson anymore but now likes to be called, Boss Hog.

I love Jessica.

Quote: Esty @ June 2, 2007, 5:54 PM

I saw Magicians on Monday. It's not bad, but isn't a patch on Peep Show. Great cast, though, and some good performances despite the largely uninspiring storyline. Jessica Stevenson's comedy dance alone is worth the admission price!

It's Jessica Hynes now. We have correct people or she beats us, which isn't that bad. ;)

I call her Jessica Stevenson Hynes. Despite her apparent wishes.
Just like I do to my married friends.
How annoying am I.

I'm going to have to cross out her name on my Spaced DVD's and change them now.

I love this show. Just tought i would pop in & say.

This is my favorite sitcom thats still running.

I feel there's not that many to choose from, so I'll agree.

Peep Show is one of my favourite shows at the moment, but I'm not that crazy about the 4th series. 1st series is probably the best. "Do you wanna taste my steel?!"

Well, I finally got around to watching series four tonight. By far my favourite to date. Episode one was probably the best, with notable mention to the last. I don't think I actually laughed out loud to the previous three series', but found myself doing so on a number of occasions here. Highly enjoyable.

However. Whilst I like Peep Show, I don't love it. It's very well executed, very funny at times, and is indeed entertaining, there's just nothing I can really identify with; it just doesn't grip me. Apart from a handful of moments with Mark (again, probably all in the fourth series), I've not sympathised with any of the characters, or even felt anything for them at all. I find it all too often to be just that bit too exaggerated, breaking the suspension of disbelief. Because of the programme's presentation as true-to-life (much through the POV filming) there's a certain realism which I expect, and it's just being pushed that bit too far to retain the needed 'credibility'.

So it's good. It can be very funny, rather entertaining, and I'll be catching up with series 5 shortly. But I can't see it entering my 'favourites' list at any point soon.