Peep Show - Series 4 Page 3

Thought the second episode was good as well last night. The plot wasn't entirely convincing but some of Mark's and Jeremy's one-liners made up for it.

I enjoyed it but not as much as the 1st episode but i thought Johnson was on top form. Also Mark getting angry is just brilliant.

"I'm getting an angry lapdance."

Caught the third series of this and thought it was excellent, but watched series one and didn't think it was that clever. Not dead impressed with the start so far in this series.

It all seems to be going round in circles. Jez sleeps with Big Suze, Sophie, Johnson sleeps with Big Suze. And the first two episodes where Jez tags along looks a bit contrived. Far too much swearing as well. If it was used sparingly it would sound so much better.

The fact that they're barely in the flat is a mistake IMO.

Do like the guy who plays Gerard though. He was in an advert for crisps a year or so ago, wasn't he? Anyone know his name?

Have they stopped History books?

I'm hoping Big Suze fecks off now. She's boring.

Johnson was great. That lap dance was hilarious.

Has Johnson really changed? Or is it just me.

I'm sure he wasn't that sleazy or cartoonish last series.

He's always seemed to be a bit of a cartoon to me, very over the top, but I quite like that. I don't remember him being as sleazy though.

That history book quote was so funny, my favorite bit of the episode.

Mine too! Funniest line.

Jeremy was quite sweet in that scene. The whole bit of him trying to be nice to Mark after kissing Sophie was quite touching in a way - he's not usually that guilt ridden.

Enjoyed last night as i always do. What was the last thing that went four series without losing it's greatness?

Quote: Walker @ April 21, 2007, 3:47 PM

Enjoyed last night as i always do. What was the last thing that went four series without losing it's greatness?

Red Dwarf started hitting all the rights notes in series 4, IMO.

Dan

^ Ah yes. Ace Rimmer. Planet Pool. Curry Monster. A changing blob. That series had everything. :)

What a guy.

Quote: zooo @ April 21, 2007, 2:33 PM

Has Johnson really changed? Or is it just me.

I'm sure he wasn't that sleazy or cartoonish last series.

Johnson has definately changed. It's not only that he's more sleazty, but he speaks differently. I thought it was funny, but felt he'd just changed the way he talked. Marks changed as well. I don't mind swearing in stuff either, in fact I find it funny, but there is too much.

I did find it funny though

Sophie doesn't sound natural when she swears, not sure if that's on purpose though?

FUCK MONKEY!

Classic.