Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 1 Page 34

Big fan of Stewart Lee – saw him live last year. Loved the first one but since then it's been patchy and the sketches are poor (the estate agent one was okay but surely the premise of selling space up his bum would've worked better in the boom.)

I too, don't get the point he was trying to make in last night's sketches. What was the Bill Hicks thing all about? And the apple sketch – the way it was delivered felt like they were taking the piss (or maybe I'd got the hump by then). If they were taking a pop at the cheese sketch for being old hat, why? It was thirty years ago. If it was a pastiche, it wasn't funny enough so what was the point – and it went on way too long. I'd rather see a shorter series with no sketches. The mash stuff is what he excels at, imo. :|

If you watch the red button, it turns out most of you were right. He admits he's not funny and he's giving up stand-up comedy after 20 years...

:)

Dan

Is this supposed to be funny? He is a bit smug. And I guess he's in the wrong vehicle.

I liked that one. It made me lol.
And I actually got what intellectual point he was making without having it explained to me!
Go me!

Once again the sketches were pretty awful, but we all saw that coming. The whale ones made me snigger a little though.

The stand up was again excellent. The "Jesus is the answer" bits were very funny. I saw him do a much shorter version years ago, but this one was much funnier.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 14 2009, 1:43 PM BST

Ooh, look out Stewart Lee with your topical comedy, what next? Slagging off Laurel and Hardy?

Ooh look out Renegade Carpark with your prophetic words! (apart from the "slagging off" bit)

Quote: David Chapman @ April 20 2009, 10:10 PM BST

Is this supposed to be funny?

I would say so, yeah.

The only sketch bit I really liked this time was the Jim'll Fix It/Dorothy one.

Funny episode, liked it a lot. The whole series was of a very high standard, wonder if it'll get a second series?

Is it true that people who don't get Stewart Lee are stupid?

NO.

I liked the election/erection confusion.

Quote: zooo @ April 20 2009, 10:32 PM BST

NO.

Yes?

Quote: Badge @ April 20 2009, 10:32 PM BST

I liked the election/erection confusion.

Me three!

Quote: zooo @ April 20 2009, 10:29 PM BST

The only sketch bit I really liked this time was the Jim'll Fix It/Dorothy one.

That was Jerry Sadowitz!

Enjoyed tonight's a lot, it seemed a lot more sillier than the previous episodes.

I found the extra feature a lot funnier this time though, the stuff about the Ronnie Corbett actually being 6'4.

Edited by Aaron.