Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 1 Page 28

This week's episode is great. I can't help but think he had one brilliant long Woolworths routine 'cos of how he's slotted bits into earlier episodes about Woolworths too (the Channel 5 comparasion being my favourite).

I thought the sketches worked well this week.

Both estate agents sketches were brilliant.

Another good episode. I liked the Woolworths gag.

I loved the Zavvi stuff!

As a former Our Price/Virgin employee, the Zavvi stuff did resonate somewhat!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 7 2009, 10:16 AM BST

I loved the Zavvi stuff!

Yes, that gave me a good chuckle.

Re: The Sketches

I know why I'm having a problem with them each week, they are too jarring and unsubtle compared to the stand up.

Whereas the stand up is gradually paced and subtle, the sketches are frenetic and crass.

It's like listening to a Burt Bacarach CD with excerpts of Napalm Death thrown in every few minutes.

Except Napalm Death is funnier. ;)

Not all the sketches are great, but I think there have been some gems. The estate agents infesting a house this week is one example.

I've only just got around to not watching this.

God, doesn't Archie the inventor (Miles Jupp) look different to how he looks in Balamory......and Kids would be traumatised if they saw this programme and saw the inside of Archie the inventor's anus.

Quote: johnny smith @ April 7 2009, 3:31 PM BST

God, doesn't Archie the inventor Miles Jupp) look different to how he looks in Balamaory......and Kids would be traumatised if they saw this programme and saw the inside of Archie the inventor's anus.

Yeah I spotted him, showing the inside of his pink castle.

Iannucci is on The One Show now.

Quote: johnny smith @ April 7 2009, 3:31 PM BST

God, doesn't Archie the inventor (Miles Jupp) look different to how he looks in Balamory......and Kids would be traumatised if they saw this programme and saw the inside of Archie the inventor's anus.

It wasn't his own anus - funnily enough, something I found out by "looking up the red button".

Happened to channel hop last night onto the 100 Best Stand Ups or whatever it was. I tuned in at 43... guess who was at 41!:) Odd thing was they interviewed the man himself on the show, and he was also a talking head commenting on other acts. From what he said about list shows I was surprised to see him participating. Maybe he just thought he ought to have been higher....

Quote: Maurice Minor @ April 11 2009, 11:17 AM BST

Happened to channel hop last night onto the 100 Best Stand Ups or whatever it was. I tuned in at 43... guess who was at 41!:)

Any fan of his will know this already; he even called his last stand up tour '41st Best Stand Up Ever.'