Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 1 Page 27

Quote: Maurice Minor @ April 1 2009, 9:34 AM BST

Whatever happened to the concept of a comedian making people laugh?

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle is the most I've laughed at a British comedy series in quite some time. And the show is fairly intelligent too. So he is doing comedy better than most at the minute.

Quote: Martin H @ April 1 2009, 12:00 PM BST

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle is the most I've laughed at a British comedy series in quite some time. And the show is fairly intelligent too. So he is doing comedy better than most at the minute.

Enough with the April Fools!!

I laughed a lot too. And it's one of the few comedy shows of recent years where I actually have to engage my brain to watch it.

Quote: chipolata @ April 1 2009, 1:40 PM BST

And it's one of the few comedy shows of recent years where I actually have to engage my brain to watch it.

Well, this and 'Coming Of Age'.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 1 2009, 1:43 PM BST

Well, this and 'Coming Of Age'.

:D

The sketches are getting much better now. Very enjoyable tonight. :)

I only really liked the estate agents sketch. The standup was better. Although not THAT many laughs in this week's subject. Was still funny enough though.

The sketches are getting worse!

Reasonable episode. Entertaining. Repetition again, but not as grating as previously. C+.

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2009, 10:44 PM BST

I only really liked the estate agents sketch. The standup was better. Although not THAT many laughs in this week's subject. Was still funny enough though.

I endorse this post.

Liked the Woolworths-MFI-Zaavi nostalgia bit. Also thought the sketches were quite poor this week.

Noticed the same 'big boned' fellow with the stripey jumper in the audience, which can mean one of only 3 things -

1. It's his Weight Watchers buddy making sure he doesn't eat too many bar snacks
2. Stewart Lee is found attractive by overweight gay stalkers
3. The reason for all the additional sketches is that he did the entire series as a one night stand up gig

I suppose if you saw the credit crunch worsening, then trying to maximise the profit of your performances would be on the agenda. :P

Yeah, the man he asked about his shoes was in at least one other show's audience.

You could be right!

I think he filmed two shows a night and I think he recorded different versions of each show.

Ooh. Wonder how much extra stuff is on DVD?

Good thing with this weeks show was that it wasn't material from his last tour or DVD!

I thought the two estate agent sketches were very good, but the others seemed weak - even though Tim Vine popped up in the first one.

There's something immensely lovable about a chubby 40+ year old man in tight, borrowed suit.

Shatner cool.