Current radio comedy Page 69

Party continues to be the freshest and funniest thing on radio at the moment. Not quite as good as the first series, but still pretty good.

Also good to hear Sarah Millican's Support Group back. It doesn't quite work as well as it should, but there's some funny stuff along the way, and Simon Day is rapidly becoming the go-to-guy for guaranteed Radio 4 laughs these days.

Agree with Party.

Never heard it before as I 'didnt like the sound of it...' !

big mistake

very funny

Enjoyed The Headset Set last night. Quite a few oddball sketches. Enjoyed the sinister "Nemesis" customer wanting to buy some black vinal flooring.

:) So agree these two are very good, must admit a bias to radio comedy.

Yes Simon Day really is featured everwhere, talented chap, he was on radio4 'all in the mind' talking about bed-wetting, and' ADHD 'amongst other problems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b01205xj Tumour Dog

I really enjoyed The Headset Set too. I may have a couple of things in the last two episodes so another reason to listen to the whole series (don't know if I've made the cut, so not biased either way yet: pro if I do, rabidly anti if I don't Smarmy )

I listened to The Infinite Monkey Cage in honour of Nil Putters last night. It was pretty decent, although I did find them being in a tent a bit distracting.

It's better in the studio.

I'm rather enjoying the Angus Deayton quiz thing at 6:30, even if the quality within each show does veer wildly.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 24 2011, 7:48 AM BST

Enjoyed The Headset Set last night. Quite a few oddball sketches. Enjoyed the sinister "Nemesis" customer wanting to buy some black vinal flooring.

Just listened to this. It was okay, but there's a limit to how many call centre sketches there are. Giving it a very monotonous and one dimensional feel.

Mitch Benn's "Stab a Burglar" song on The Now Show. Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ July 1 2011, 6:37 PM BST

Mitch Benn's "Stab a Burglar" song on The Now Show. Laughing out loud

I heard that one - it was quite an inspiration!! :)

Radio 4 comedy; I love it, I don't even bother switching the TV on these days.

Having a listen to some archive gems on 4Extra. Along with old favourites like Round the Horne and Hancock is some more obscure stuff such as a 1977 spoof of ITMA. Even for a comedy anorak such as myself this was a bit difficult to gauge. I doubt very few people under 80 would be able to judge whether it was good or not but fascinating listen all the same.

Not strictly comedy, but last Monday's The Infinite Monkey Cage: Science V The Supernatural. Very good. :)

The Clitheroe Kid is back!!!!

Glad to see the return of Bigipedia. For me it is the best radio sketch show for a while.