Current radio comedy Page 71

Canned laughter? I know it's only a technical point, but I'm pretty sure alot of the BBC radio topical comedy is recorded infront of an audience, and is broadcast complete with their non-canned laughs.

Canned laughter doesn't happen anymore (outside of bad clips shows). Enhanced laughter maybe.

THE NEWS QUIZ, and I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T A CLUE, are the only current comedies worth listening to! THE NOW SHOW has it's moments, but it's guests are hit and miss.

Quote: Mark @ July 15 2011, 8:28 PM BST

I haven't heard it yet, but very curious to hear it as it is obviously quite an un-usual situation. The reason for the change in cast is that Benedict Cumberbatch lost his voice close to the recording and it was too late to re-schedule everything. This episode was meant to be the first in the series, but they switched it to mid-run so new listeners tuning in a couple of weeks ago wouldn't get so confused.

Surprised that David Tennant didn't make himself available to replace Benedict Cumberbatch, he's in everything else!

Quote: chipolata @ July 26 2011, 6:53 PM BST

Really enjoyed the Lucy Montgomery show. Some very strong off-the-wall sketches. I particularly liked the sniffing one.

Finding Lucy Montgomery funnier every week. Like all these quick sketch shows it doesn't all work but her hit rate is high. Love her quirky silliness among the more familiar archetypes. The whistling Spaniard and the alien pitching to Hollywood was hilarious.

Quote: youngian @ August 3 2011, 10:04 AM BST

Finding Lucy Montgomery funnier every week. Like all these quick sketch shows it doesn't all work but her hit rate is high. Love her quirky silliness among the more familiar archetypes. The whistling Spaniard and the alien pitching to Hollywood was hilarious.

I can't listen to the whistling Spaniard, I have to turn off the radio as it physically hurts, it's so annoying.

Quote: youngian @ August 3 2011, 10:04 AM BST

Yes, it's very good indeed. I've always been indifferent to everything but Montgommery's looks, but she's proving herself quite versatile with this series.

Also loving this series of Ed Reardon, and good that he gets little victories here and there. As Lead Balloon proved, if you make somebody lose relentlessly it just gets stale and repetitive.

Hate canned stuff, a lot do it.

Quote: dellas @ August 5 2011, 4:51 AM BST

Hate canned stuff, a lot do it.

Heinz? Unimpressed

Laughing out loud Beanz there and done it!

And so Cabin Pressure ends. Some inspired lunacy during the series but thought this ep was probably about the weakest.
For the future: More of the Caroline/Herc romance please.

This is being repeated again soon - I can recommend it if youve not heard it before. The last episode in particular is fantastic!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007gfpb

I've just downloaded four series of Down The Line, one of my new favourites, and seven series of The Unbelievable Truth. Not sure when I started listening to TUT so, hopefully, plenty of new laughs to come.

I've just put a bunch of stuff to listen to on my iPod, including 'Hut 33', 'Bigipedia', 'Cabin Pressure' and 'All Bar Luke'.

I hate Hut 33 with a passion

makes me ill just thinking about it

Oh? I haven't heard any of it yet. I like reading the writers blog, anyway.

http://sitcomgeek.blogspot.com/