Current radio comedy Page 65

Quote: swerytd @ May 10 2011, 3:09 PM BST

man who makes you go numb.

Tim is Michael McIntyre ?

:O

Gawd save us. I had hopes that perhaps this deluge of new comedy on R4 might have shown the light at the end of a long tunnel. Simply because it was the first one I found on the iPlayer I started with The Gobetweenies. It was unbelieveably bad. Dud script not helped by two truly appalling child actors. Thirty minutes of my life I will not get back. Please let 49 Cedar Street and Mr Blue Sky be better.

Is it just me or are the comedians on Arthur Smith's Balham Bash dire? I've got nothing against Jenny Eclair but her set on this weeks show was atrociously weak. And I can't even remember who else was on but they were pretty forgetable.

And The Simon Day Show is proving to be good solid fun, although it's not exactly bursting at the seams with laugh-out-loud moments.

Quote: KLRiley @ May 12 2011, 11:59 AM BST

Thirty minutes of my life I will not get back.

To be fair, you can say that about any thirty minutes of your life, whatever's occupying it...

I'm numb...

Dan

Disappointed by The News Quiz. For starters, how long has Mark Steel being doing that Lilt gag? Also, they played The Ting Tings during the show and I can't stand that bloody band.

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 13 2011, 11:03 AM BST

To be fair, you can say that about any thirty minutes of your life, whatever's occupying it...

Some thirty minutes you don't begrudge expending. This I did. Should have known better. Tennant has a a truly variable track record as far as informed choices go but I would have thought that Sarah Alexander could have spotted a decent comedy script.

I didn't get 49 Cedar Street at all. Was it me? I'm willing to think that it is but the female character? Oh puhleese! Desperate, needy, borderline psycho and written by a woman. I did like her cave man boyfriend but wondered whether it might possibly be a slightly unsubtle metaphor.

My only hopes now lie with the few remaining eps of Simon Day and fingers still crossed for Mr Blue Sky.

RIP Radio 7....

Damn you to hell radio 4 extra!

*shakes fist*

their ruining a fine radio station :(

Quote: KLRiley @ May 13 2011, 8:29 PM BST

My only hopes now lie with the few remaining eps of Simon Day and fingers still crossed for Mr Blue Sky.

And, what, if they fail to live amuse your only option is suicide?

Things may look bleak right now, but as a comedy fan I try to take heart in the knowledge that there's always something I'll enjoy just around the corner. :)

I thought this weeks The Simon Day Show was one of the best, but Billy Bleach has always been my favourite character of his.

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 13 2011, 11:51 PM BST

And, what, if they fail to live amuse your only option is suicide?

Probably. Got f*** else on the horizon.

Listened to Christian O'Connell on 5Live today. He is awful, but there was someone there called Emma Kennedy. She was far funnier than any female comedian I've heard in a long, long time.

She was plugging a book and it sounds worth a punt.

That's TV's Emma Kennedy!!

She's a legend

& one of Herrings cohorts

Yep- just Wiki'd her.

For someone who doesn't bill herself as a 'comedian' she's really funny.

She is very funny.

You should hear some of the FILTH Herring has her reading out on AIOTM though - outrageous!

She does a remarkable impression of Nostradamus too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpywmuqsWs