Petition of Interest

If you don't want your account suspended, I shall be seeing your name on the list by the end of the weekend. *

There remains a large percentage of TV programmes at BBC ITV BFI & other archives that have never been re-shown since first transmission.

With the fast changing world of the Interweb, Broadband, video on demand, Youtube and infighting within the TV industry (Sky Virgin) and the rubbish content of our current UK TV Programming.

Mr Prime Minister is it not about time we all saw the archives that contain superb programmes from the past, that once made UK Broadcasting the envy of the world.

This is now the 21st century and people should have the right to see this footage (especially BBC Programmes that WE the licence payers paid for to be made)

People no longer want to get hold of this footage for illcit purposes (ie selling it on the black market) just to watch the programmes we grew up with, rather than being force fed the rubbish on TV today.

We thank you for taking the time to read this petition and ask that it can be bought up at a future meeting of the Culture, Media and Sport Commons Committee.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/TVARCHIVES/

* Possibly.

Here here. And signed. Cheers for letting us know.

Hello there. Dont forget me....

okay-signed-buat as "R" so my parents don't tell me off :$

Signed.

Interestingly this petition may not be required though. When Greg Dyke was in charge he agreed to open up the entire BBC Archive to the public (story) - last I heard the BBC had started a task force to put that in action. They've gone a bit quiet since but I guess its still going ahead?!? I imagine it will take a while as converting programmes to suitable formats, rights clearance issues and bandwidth headaches all have to be overcome first.

i've just signed.

Signed.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ April 7, 2007, 5:02 PM

okay-signed-buat as "R" so my parents don't tell me off :$

Why would they do that?!

Er... Hello. Signing in...

All Signed up! :)

Quote: Aaron @ April 7, 2007, 8:05 PM

Why would they do that?!

beacuse they need ANY excuse :P

Spoilysports.

I know...plus it would show that I was doing less revision on the computer than i made out i was

rofl, I have noooooo idea what you're talking about.

Angelic

I've signed it. Also, you may want to put it in the news section.