Talking and Not Talking opportunity Page 10

Quote: Lord Summerisle @ April 16 2009, 5:04 PM BST

Forgive me if this is a naive question but would they be able to use someone's submission without informing them first? This seems very wrong to me.

Yes, this is very common. Sometimes they use your sketch for the recording but then not use it in the final cut (bad response or censored). So they only want to tell people who made the cut but can't until they've recorded it first. If you see what I mean.

In fact BBC 7's Tilt were the only people who have ever told me in advance.

Oh, thanks for that CN, I get you. Oh well, I guess the bottom line is that you'll find it if it was used eventually.

Yeah, they have always contacted me before I have contacted them so they don't try and blag it.

STILL no news from anyone, good or otherwise?

None here. But having re-read my submission I don't think no news is necessarily good news.

I've not heard either way but I did only send mine the day before the deadline... The only people I know of who've either got "please send more" or "sorry" were those who sent before the big rush close to the deadlines. I don't think the "send mores" have heard any more since though.

I sent mine the Wednesday before the deadline on the Monday, and have heard nothing. Not that this helps any of course.

We'll be recording from 8 April 2009, with the series transmitting for six weeks from 7 July 2009.

So most of these must have been recorded by now. I guess they'll decided who's in during the post-production and let us know then. I would be more hopeful if I didn't know that so many people haven't heard back.

There's a recording today and one on the 6th May - that appears to be the last one.

Has anyone been to any of these?

So how many people got the following:

Hi,

Thanks for your submission to Talking and Not Talking.

We've had about 18,000 one-liners to read, in addition to putting the
rest of the show together, so apologies for not getting back to you
sooner. Also, as you can probably appreciate, with this level of
response it just isn't practical to send individual feedback to
everyone.

The shows have been recorded and will be edited in the next few months -
if your submission makes it onto the show, we'll be in touch.

Nope. What with this and no response from CoC I'm beginning to think I must be really shit.

Quote: steve by any other name @ May 12 2009, 2:07 PM BST

Nope. What with this and no response from CoC I'm beginning to think I must be really shit.

Try not to take it personally. All these things - even the CofC - are essentially lotteries. That's not to say the people who succeed in them aren't talented, just that on a different day you might have got a very different set of winners.

Quote: chipolata @ May 12 2009, 2:10 PM BST

Try not to take it personally. All these things - even the CofC - are essentially lotteries. That's not to say the people who succeed in them aren't talented, just that on a different day you might have got a very different set of winners.

Thanks Chip. Obviously a valid point.

Quote: chipolata @ May 12 2009, 2:10 PM BST

Agreed. Plus they might be sending the email in batches if their were 18,000 one-liners. Also doesn't mean you'll get anything in.

Regardless, whether you get in or not doesn't make you shit. Especially the CoC which I don't understand why people are getting so down about. That must have been the fiercest competition of all writing ones.