Talking and Not Talking opportunity

Just found this on... *shudder* ... Chortle.

posted by someone called Colin:

Laura Solon: Talking and Not Talking is a Radio 4 character-based sketch and monologue show, written by and starring Perrier Award winning comedian Laura Solon.

The first series aired in early 2007 in Radio 4's 23.00 late-night comedy slot, series 2 receiving an 18.30 repeat just before Christmas. Series 3 will be recording from 8th April, with the series transmitting at 18.30 on Radio 4, for six weeks.

Talking and Not Talking features an ensemble cast consisting of Ben Moor, Rosie Cavaliero and Ben Willbond. Between sketches / monologues we like to include short bursts of vox-pop-style one-liners. That's where you come in.

We're looking for groups of themed one-liners, which should be responses to a single imagined (and unheard) question, for example:
"Did you have any childhood pets?"
"What is your greatest fear?"
"How much television do you watch?"

We're looking for around 10 good responses to each question, allowing for us to pick our favourites and for some level of attrition on the night, making for groups of 3 or 4 on broadcast.

When sending scripts in please make sure that they have your name and e-mail address / contact details at the top of the page along with any co-writer's name where appropriate.

It's also useful to title the page with the subject of that batch of jokes and where relevant to say where the vox pops should be taking place, at an airport or zoo for example. A sample page of formatted lines is available on request.

Please send script submissions to: talkingandnottalking@bbc.co.uk

We're planning some try-out nights from mid-March, so the deadline for inclusion in the first try-out is Monday 9th March.

Fees are determined by BBC contracts in £ per minute broadcast, based upon your level of experience.

If you'd like to talk about your ideas or for a copy of the show on cd, please get in touch via talkingandnottalking@bbc.co.uk

the link is here: http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26913

I wouldn't advise going there though. it is a silly place.

The email address on here doesn't work.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers for posting this. I never go on chortle wouldn't have seen it.

Cheers jdubya!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 26 2009, 3:06 PM GMT

Cheers jdubya!

Yes, Cheers jdubya. Not a phrase I often utter!

Thanks for the info jdubya

Hello everyone.

The email address doesn't work for me either. :(
It's a shame because nothing excites me more than pre-formatted lines!

Hm. Doesn't seem like much of an opportunity, does it?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 26 2009, 3:39 PM GMT

Hm. Doesn't seem like much of an opportunity, does it?

Well, it's not going to take a massive amount of effort, and if you get on it's a nice credit on one of radios best comedies. Plus Laura Solon might sleep with you.

It is not working for me either. :(

Odd. It worked for me. And they said that as they'd had no other material sent, they were going to use mine in all 6 episodes.

Thread moved.

The enigmatic Colin has confirmed that the email address is now working.

Good luck everyone...CHARRRRRRRGE!!!

Oh well. It sounds like it's a temporary problem with the email address and it should start working at some point so I guess I'm going to have you lot in competition after all.

Edit: Damn. I've just come up with a few pretty good ones but I've just realised it's going to be broadcast in the 18:30 slot. Bah!

Requested the format example but email address not working still

Yep, not working for me either. Not a user-friendly email address really.