Red Dwarf 9? Page 3

Quote: Seefacts @ February 14 2009, 1:36 AM GMT

Interestingly, if you think about it, he's one of only a few actors to have been a lead (or one of the leads) in TWO hit sitcoms.

Ronnie Barker
Nick Lyndhurst

What's your definition of a "hit"? I can think of at least three with Lyndhurst, possibly more. Similar for Barker.

Quote: Aaron @ February 16 2009, 4:34 PM GMT

What's your definition of a "hit"? I can think of at least three with Lyndhurst, possibly more. Similar for Barker.

I'm not saying it was a complete list but basically I'm saying not many actors have more than one hit.

I think it happened more in the 70s/80s but from the 90s onwards it's quite rare.

Obviously Lyndhurst has been in a fair few, you're right.

David Jason?

Anyway... It was good to hear Craig Charles on his 6 Music funk show at the weekend sounding so positive about the new Red Dwarf show. It really does sound like he is bringing a genuine sense of enjoyment to this project. And given that he's been playing this character for the best part of about eight decades that makes me happy. I hope this show is a fitting end to a truly great series and that it lives up to all the hope and expectations.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ February 17 2009, 10:09 PM GMT

And given that he's been playing this character for the best part of about eight decades that makes me happy.

80 years?

He looks good for his age.

Just come across this on Robert Llewellyn's Twitter:

Series 10 of Red Dwarf announcement just been made at DJ [Dimension Jump] 09. To clarify the scripts have been commissioned, won't be filming til 2010

Link to Tweet

Bloomin' 'eck! Good spot, Ian! Ta

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 10 2009, 3:05 PM BST

Bloomin' 'eck! Good spot, Ian! Ta

Dan

When you've got a degree in media studies you spot these things.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 10 2009, 2:54 PM BST

Just come across this on Robert Llewellyn's Twitter:

Series 10 of Red Dwarf announcement just been made at DJ (Dimension Jump) 09. To clarify the scripts have been commissioned, won't be filming til 2010

Really? Wow! That's brilliant news! (Though can those specials really be counted as a series??)

I don't know. We'll just have to wait and find out how they sort out the numbering.

I enjoyed the specials, though they weren't prime Dwarf by any means; I've got high hopes that a proper run will be able to deliver the goods.

I assume this will be a Dave funded run again? Of course, it could all come to nothing, lets hope it makes it to screen.

Still haven't seen the specials.

Good news, thanks Mr Wolf.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 10 2009, 3:21 PM BST

Really? Wow! That's brilliant news! (Though can those specials really be counted as a series??)

People count four single, separate episode of The Vicar Of Dibley, broadcast months apart, as a whole series, and it sounds like Armando Iannucci considers that two separately broadcast, advertised, and IIRC commissioned runs of The Thick Of It, as one single series, then they can do what they want. Unimpressed

Anyway, this really should have been put in a new thread. Closing.