What have you seen at the Theatre? Page 12

Off to Wyndham's Theatre, Leicester Square later this week to see The Unfriend with Lee Mack,, Sarah Alexander & Frances Barber, directed by Mark Gatiss.

And then travelling to Windsor after the show for an overnight stay and taking in the play Sleuth (which was made into a 1972 film with Michael Caine and Laurence Olivier) the next day at the Theatre Royal there:

Train strikes permitting!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th January 2024, 8:03 PM

Off to Wyndham's Theatre, Leicester Square later this week to see The Unfriend with Lee Mack,, Sarah Alexander & Frances Barber, directed by Mark Gatiss.

And then travelling to Windsor after the show for an overnight stay and taking in the play Sleuth (which was made into a 1972 film with Michael Caine and Laurence Olivier) the next day at the Theatre Royal there:

Train strikes permitting!

Train strikes did permit in case you were worried.

Very much enjoyed The Unfriend. The first new comedy I've seen on stage for a long time that isn't trying to convey some sort of message, doesn't have political unertones and isn't advertising itself as a "black" comedy. Simply funny and entertaining.

Sleuth is one my most watched DVDs being a Caine & Olivier fan and a fan of film versions of plays. This is a really good one, and for those mouthy 'Caine can't act wallers', watch this and shut the f**k up.

You need to stop sitting on the fence Alfred and start saying what you really think.

Morning Teddy.

Afternoon Alfred I fell back asleep after posting that and also eating a perfect bacon on.

Two trips to the theatre this coming week:

One Man Two Guvnors (which I'm seeing for just the sixth time) at the Titchfield Festival Theatre near Fareham and

Drop the Dead Donkey at the Theatre Royal, Brighton

Tomorrow it's off to Eastbourne for Joe Orton's What the Butler Saw, which I last saw on-line in the privacy of my own home during lockdown, courtesy of the Curve Theatre Leicester.