Quote: EllieJP @ November 16 2009, 12:11 PM GMT

My boyfriend saw... :$

He keeps his eyes open? I like his style... Cool

He saw, he conquered, he came! >_<

Quote: Moonstone @ November 16 2009, 1:06 PM GMT

He saw, he conquered, he came! >_<

:O >_<

:P

Saw Ghost Stories at the Duke of York on the weekend (co-written by Jeremy Dyson). Hugely entertaining and great to see Nathan Barley terrorised by a poltergeist. Bit steep at 40 quid a ticket though.

I would LOVE to see that but I think it looks a bit too scary for me. Did you cry? I would probably cry.

I'll play the theatre game:

Spamalot
Waiting For Godot (McKellan and Stewart)
Strangers on a Train
Le Mis (several times)
The Bautiful Game (Terrible)
Notre Dam De Paris (Also terrible)
Chicago
Fame
Romeo and Juliet (All male cast, set in a boarding school- ooh er)
Hamlet (actually, that was technically in a park)

More that are too long ago to remember.

I'm completely desensitised to horror to the point that I sit stock still for even the hairiest of jumps now. My girlfriend on the other hand had her coat over her head for the majority of the show and won't go to the bathroom at night time anymore for fear of a bald, parka wearing lunatic jumping out at her.

Christ. Definitely sounds too scary for me.. which makes me want to go even more. Did actors come into the audience and stuff to mess with you, or did they just stay on the stage?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 16 2011, 10:22 AM GMT

Christ. Definitely sounds too scary for me.. which makes me want to go even more. Did actors come into the audience and stuff to mess with you, or did they just stay on the stage?

For the sake of not spoiling the experience for others I'd rather not say but rest assured that if you are of a nervous disposition this will live in your brain.

The only good thing about plays is the quality of the 3D

Quote: David Bussell @ February 16 2011, 9:51 AM GMT

Saw Ghost Stories at the Duke of York on the weekend (co-written by Jeremy Dyson). Hugely entertaining and great to see Nathan Barley terrorised by a poltergeist. Bit steep at 40 quid a ticket though.

I saw that at the Liverpool Playhouse in it's first run. when I was going in I saw Jeremy Dyson standing on his own, but I was too much of a shitbag to go over to him and hawk my wares.

I am going to see his adaptation of Roald Dahl's Tales of the Unexpected there next month. Should be good.

My dad is taking my mum out for her 50th birthday. They're going to the theatre, but my dad is desperate to see The Woman in Black. Doesn't seem very romantic to me!

I'm off to see The Importance of Being Earnest performed by the London Classic Theatre company next week. Looking forward to it immensely as I love the 1950s film version of TIOBE and I've never been to a play - bar being forced at school.

You'ver never been to a play!!!!!!!!!!!!! *falls down in shock*

Well , I've been to see:
The Chuckle Brothers Live (about 5 times)
Cinderalla
Dick Whittington
Aladdin
Bouncers
Oh! What a Lovely War
Much ado about Wenlock
The Sound Of Music (at The West End)
Billy Elliot (at The West End)
Mamma Mia! (at The West End)